Wedding Cake Design Pro Software - Good Or Bad?

Business By sassycleo Updated 19 Aug 2008 , 12:07am by pinkbiz

sassycleo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sassycleo Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 3:51pm
post #1 of 7

I've been debating on purchasing this software. I know there are many threads on several of the forums regarding this software but I can't tell if it is worth the buy or not.

I'm creating a poll to gather a more informative opinion on the software. I'm hoping this will help others in determining if it is worth their investment or not.

Thanks!

6 replies
loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 7:10pm
post #2 of 7

Its pretty cheap as far as software in general goes, but its very very limited. I use it mainly to just print out templates and then draw over them.

Ladybug6509 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladybug6509 Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 8:52pm
post #3 of 7

I don't think it was worth the money! It is extremely limited with options and you have to purchase the upgrades. In the end it turns out to not be very inexpensive at all. My copy is going to find its way on ebay or craigslist.

jules1719 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules1719 Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 10:36pm
post #4 of 7

I've had occasion to use it but I do not own it personally. What can this software do that a pencil and paper can't? Plz save the "I can't draw" argument. The crudest sketch still serves the same purpose.

Oh yeah, and then there's the price...

thumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gif

jillmakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillmakescakes Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 11:27pm
post #5 of 7

i love it! it not only helps with the design process, but it also helps when a bride is on the fence about two different designs. while i understand what others are saying, I like mine and use it quite a bit.

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 11:57pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms

Its pretty cheap as far as software in general goes, but its very very limited. I use it mainly to just print out templates and then draw over them.

This is exactly what I use it for, templates. Beyond that.....nothing.

pinkbiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkbiz Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 12:07am
post #7 of 7

i really like it i mean like others have said it could be better as far as decorations go its a little limited i wish they had like teddy bears and things like that for baby shower o even kids stuff like sports or something but it gives you a pretty good idea of what you can create

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%