Savannah Cake Club

Decorating By spring Updated 23 Oct 2008 , 9:03pm by chasebrad

spring Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 3:33pm
post #1 of 19

Hope I've posted this in the right place icon_smile.gif On August 26, 2008 the Savannah Cake Club will host it's first meeting.

Anyone in the area who's interested, please attend!

Time: 6:00pm
Place: Custom Cakes, 7060 Hodgson Memorial Dr., Savannah, GA 31406

We will have an information gathering meeting and also have a couple of demos.

Please join us!

18 replies
Kavingate Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 7:03am
post #2 of 19

We'll have goodie bags, too!!! C'mon, y'all. You know you want to come play with us!! icon_smile.gif

ibmoser Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 2:58pm
post #3 of 19

Ohhhh, how I wish I were closer - I'd be there!

chasebrad Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 11:17pm
post #4 of 19

Wish I could make it, but hubby is out of town and no one else to watch kiddos.

Do you have a plan for regular meetings?

spring Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 11:38pm
post #5 of 19

Yes, we are planning on have regular meetings. In fact that's one of the things we are going to discuss.

PM with your email addy and I'll make sure you get a notice for the next meeting.

spring Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 11:40pm
post #6 of 19

ibmoser...I just saw your are too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LauraLanier Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 6:51pm
post #7 of 19

Hi, I just saw this post. I live in Savannah. Is your club for anyone or do you need to own a bakery? I would love to join a cake club. I would love to know of upcoming events, TIA Laura

chasebrad Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 7:46pm
post #8 of 19

Hi Laura!

Where in Savannah are you? I live up near Rincon. I took a look at your are VERY talented! Cake clubs are fun, because you get to hang out with people who are as crazy about cake as you are!

Hopefully I'll be able to make the next meeting and meet you!

Take care!

ibmoser Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 8:52pm
post #9 of 19

Spring - sorry, I didn't get a notice about replies to this thread. YES!! I am so excited that Ron Ben-Israel is coming to Savannah in March. I should change my ticker,though, because I'm equally excited about Elisa Strauss in November thumbs_up.gif .

Kavingate Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 11:02pm
post #10 of 19

We've decided to meet on the 4th Tuesday of every month at 6pm.

Everyone's welcome, no matter what skill level, and you don't have to own a bakery! icon_smile.gif

Next meeting-
Date: September 23rd
Time: 6:00pm
Place: Custom Cakes, 7060 Hodgson Memorial Dr., Savannah, GA 31406

We'll keep discussing start-up type stuff, and I'll be doing a demo of chocolate transfer butterflies.

We'll also have a "bring and brag" table, so if you want to bring dummies, sugar work, photos, or recipes, etc. to share, please do!!!

LauraLanier Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 1:17am
post #11 of 19

Thanks Kate, I am going to put it on my calendar right now, I am so exited and thank you Karen.

chasebrad Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 2:13am
post #12 of 19

Will there be a membership fee for the cake club?

Can't wait!

Kavingate Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 2:30am
post #13 of 19

We haven't decided on dues yet, but that's part of what we'll be discussing at the next meeting.

I also forgot to ask that you guys pm me your email address if you'd like to be on the club email list. I do a blind copy when I send club info, in case people don't want their addresses floating around. icon_smile.gif

Can't wait to meet everyone!!

KlyKat Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 7:54am
post #14 of 19

Oh how I wish I was in Savannah, but with the same life I have here icon_rolleyes.gif Sav'h is my home and anything related I LOVE!!!

I'd really like to get to know any of ya'll there. I come home a couple of times a year so maybe my next trip will be around a meeting time.

spring Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 11:31am
post #15 of 19

K'ly let us know when you'll be in town. Maybe we could have a cake club meet up.

My Blog

Kavingate Posted 21 Sep 2008 , 6:29am
post #16 of 19

Hi, everyone!!!

Just a reminder that we'll be meeting at Custom Cakes this coming Tuesday, September 23rd from 6-8pm. We'll be discussing some start-up stuff again, and I'll be doing a demonstration of chocolate transfer butterflies.

Don't forget about our bring and brag table! If you have decorated dummies, actual cakes or cookies, etc. or photos, or anything else that you'd like to share, please bring it to show everyone!!

We'll also be taking ideas for future demonstrations, so please think about the possibility of doing a demo for the club. It doesn't have to be anything elaborate!

Feel free to invite anyone who's interested! icon_smile.gif)

LauraLanier Posted 24 Sep 2008 , 10:26pm
post #17 of 19

I just wanted to say it was so nice to meet you lady's last night. Thanks Kate for sharing how to do the chocolate butterflies. I can't wait for the next meeting. Thanks again, Laura

Kavingate Posted 20 Oct 2008 , 3:59am
post #18 of 19

Hi, all.

We have to cancel this month's meeting, but we're still on for November 25th at 6pm.

Glad that you had a good time at the September meeting, Laura!!! icon_smile.gif

chasebrad Posted 23 Oct 2008 , 9:03pm
post #19 of 19

I wasn't going to be able to make the meeting this glad I won't miss anything!
See you in November!

Quote by @%username% on %date%