How Do You Network?

Business By sweetcakes Updated 18 Aug 2008 , 10:51pm by michellenj

sweetcakes Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 3:05pm
post #1 of 4

does anyone with a showroom or consultation room have other businesses brochures or cards available? how do you network with other wedding professionals? do you swap links to each others website? just looking to see if im missing a way to do this.

3 replies
indydebi Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 8:29pm
post #2 of 4

Oh heck yeah I do!! I have a dedication space on my counter for others' cards and have about 15 other wedding vendors cards/brochures on my counter. I ALWAYS ask my brides if they have their photographer, video person, florist, etc., and then refer them to my wedding vendor friends. I always tell them, "be sure to tell them that Debi sent you".

Do as many website links as you possibly can!!! Even just mentioning another vendor or reception site in your narrative helps. This increases your visibility on internet searches. One bride found me because she searched for "XYZ Banquet Hall". Since I have photos on my website with info such as "This reception was at XYZ Banquet Hall", then my site ALSO came up in her search.

Network with other wedding vendors at PWG (Perfect Wedding Guide) meetings. You can go as a guest if you don't want to actually join.

I am also a member of BNI and Rainmakers, two networking groups that meet weekly/monthly. The purpose of these organizations is to refer business back and forth. My family/friends quickly learned that if they need something (like my daughter needed a financial advisor and now she is looking for someone who does re-apolstery), they call Debi and ask, "who do you know who does.....?" And it works the other way, too.

Join your Chamber of Commerce and get to know the other area businesses.

MichelleM77 Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 10:31pm
post #3 of 4

I have asked local vendors to swap website links and the ones with retail locations have asked for business cards to put out on their "vendor table." Of course I showed up with a goodie bag for them too!

I did put up cards on local coffee shop bulletin boards, but all I've gotten from those is people soliciting me to advertise in their magazine/coupon book, etc., which I can't afford right now, hence the card on the free bulletin board. LOL!

michellenj Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 10:51pm
post #4 of 4

Here is a little hint: google you cometition's phone number, then email or call every single link that they are on.

Join your local Chamber of Commerce and CVB, and donate desserts to things that they sponsor.

Go to bridal shops and network. Bridal depts. at Macy's and cosmetic counters are a plus too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%