Strange Fairy Cake Request

Decorating By something_sweet Updated 19 Aug 2008 , 7:27pm by kookyfaery

something_sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
something_sweet Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 2:20pm
post #1 of 15

I just took an order for a Tinkerbell/fairy cake... for a man! I'm still kind of chuckling, but I am also freaking out! I have only ever made fairy cakes for little girls, this is a 33 year old guy! Any ideas on how to decorate the cake??? Anyone else ever had a strange order like this? icon_confused.gif

14 replies
shannon0407 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannon0407 Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 2:26pm
post #2 of 15

Maybe a very ADULT tinkerbell???? Are there any other instructions?

Tweedie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tweedie Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 2:33pm
post #3 of 15

Yeah, I'm guessing there has to be a story behind this. Or does he think she's totally hot or something (if so, I agree, make an adult "sexy" version). I would try to find out what that story is so you can decorate accordingly. Sounds like it could be interesting!

ASimpleBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ASimpleBaker Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 2:35pm
post #4 of 15

I have found that the new "Tinkerbell and friends seem a little more "mature" then the fairy of old. I would have to go with shannon0407 and say make the cake adult themed, but check with the person who ordered the cake. There are A LOT of hardcore Disney Fans that have a favorite character (Men and Women) and he might just love the fairy! If that where the case, it might not go over as well with someone who just loves the regular tinkerbell....

Just a thought.. (I have a brother who simple adores MiniMouse, just as she is.....)

HTH icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

toodlesjupiter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toodlesjupiter Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 2:43pm
post #5 of 15

My uncle loves Tinkerbell... but he's gay, so definitely check with whoever ordered the cake first. An adult version may do nothing for him, if that were the case. Just a thought...

something_sweet Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 2:44pm
post #6 of 15

well, apparently the guys is gay, but that is all I know. Maybe there is a joke behond it, but maybe he loves Tinkerbell. I am almost afraid to ask! But I guess I will have to so that I get a better idea! oh my!

tonia3604 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonia3604 Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 2:46pm
post #7 of 15

Who ordered the cake? The man, his wife, a co-worker? Is it meant to be as a joke? I'm suprised the person who ordered didn't kind of clue you in.

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 2:47pm
post #8 of 15

lol...have fun!

tonia3604 Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 2:54pm
post #9 of 15

OK... it was obviously not his wife then!

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 2:59pm
post #10 of 15

I can't offer any ideas but I had to share, my husband's very good friend is turning 30 in two weeks... his girlfriend has rented out an entire bar in NYC for his birthday, she invited everyone and their brother and the theme is My Little Pony! I thought that was so funny.
ps. I found a really cute tinkerbell cake online, I believe it was here but I don't know the name of the decorator since I saved it to my computer. if you'd like it, send me a PM. I don't want to get into any trouble for posting other people works or anything!

tonia3604 Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 3:09pm
post #11 of 15

I'd love to know the inside joke on the my little pony party!

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 4:55pm
post #12 of 15

do a tinkerbell with a rainbow lei around her neck or something. or sitting on top of a rainbow.

something_sweet Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 6:55pm
post #13 of 15

I talked to the customer, apparently it is his favorite disney character, and they want it to be very classic. I think I have come up with a general concept, so I'll let you all know how it works out. Thanks for the imput!

bellejoey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellejoey Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 7:08pm
post #14 of 15

My mother has a gay friend who collects dolls and just loves Tinkerbell. He loves her just the way she is..so you might want to check. The guy might just love Tinkerbell the way that you see her for children on their cakes. icon_smile.gif

kookyfaery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kookyfaery Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 7:27pm
post #15 of 15

Tinkerbell is awesome. I would love to see pictures of the cake when your done. I agree, doing a rainbow or something like that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%