I Am Getting Married...again....

Lounge By KKC Updated 19 Aug 2008 , 7:06pm by KKC

KKC Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 4:46am
post #1 of 19

Hey everyone,

So my DH asked me to remarry him again but this time he wants a wedding & reception. Now the colors chosen were Tiffany Blue & Chocolate. Does anyone know where I can find flowers to match those colors? Any help here would be nice...I have less than 5 months to get this rolling! icon_wink.gif

18 replies
Amia Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 5:34am
post #2 of 19

Well first of all: HOW ROMANTIC!!! And congrats!

Now on to the important stuff icon_lol.gif :
I'm not sure what you mean by "where to find them"...any florist should be able to get you whatever flowers you want. icon_confused.gif The only natural blue flower that would be close to the Tiffany blue is hydrangea. Every other blue flower seems too purple-ish to me. You can look into dyed flowers though. I got a bouquet of dyed blue daisies when I had my son. They're very vibrant. Your best bet may be to go with white flowers and accent with the other two colors. Have the bouquets wrapped in blue and brown ribbon. Anyway, I hope that answers your question and if not...well...here are some pretty pics to look at to distract you! icon_redface.gif
LL
LL
LL

KKC Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 9:47am
post #3 of 19

Thanks...that info does help. I actually was looking into the blue hydrangea's for the centerpieces..they are absolutely beautiful. I was also looking at some chocolate Calla Lilies. I'm sure about everything else but the flowers are what i'm most concerned about.

jen1977 Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 12:26pm
post #4 of 19

Are you doing the flowers yourself? When my sister got married, she ordered her flowers wholesale online from

http://www.amazoniaflowers.com/wholesale-wedding-flowers_ep_55-1.html

They were stunning, much cheaper than getting them from a shop, and were delivered in wonderful condition.

tracycakes Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 1:42pm
post #5 of 19

Congratulations!

dinas27 Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 3:31pm
post #6 of 19

have you checked out theknot? Lots of great pictures... like this link all blue bouquets.

http://weddings.theknot.com/ODB/themes/realweddings/results.aspx?type=3&wedding_details=Bridal%20Bouquets&colors=blue

If it was me I would go with mostly whites and browns in the bouquets. Here are a few lovely ideas.

http://weddings.theknot.com/ODB/themes/realweddings/detailview.aspx?id=32050&type=3&colors=Brown&pageIndex=1

http://weddings.theknot.com/ODB/themes/realweddings/detailview.aspx?id=25681&type=3&colors=Brown&pageIndex=2

http://weddings.theknot.com/ODB/themes/realweddings/detailview.aspx?id=34575&type=3&wedding_details=Bridal+Bouquets%2cBridesmaid+Bouquets&pageIndex=1

Love love love this one, but thats just me.
http://weddings.theknot.com/ODB/themes/realweddings/detailview.aspx?id=33973&type=3&wedding_details=Bridal+Bouquets%2cBridesmaid+Bouquets&pageIndex=2

Another option is to have your florist spray the flowers. They couldn't order the variety of hydrangea that I wanted for my wedding so they sprayed white ones in the color I wanted. My bouquet is pictured along with my wedding cake in my cake pictures if you want to see what the effect is like.

seasonsmoke Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 2:16am
post #7 of 19

amia1024 did you make the cake that is shown? It is wonderful.

That is one option to get both colors you want.

Amia Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 3:21am
post #8 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasonsmoke

Oh I wish I had made that cake! I had it saved as an idea for my wedding cake and thought I'd share since it's a perfect fit for Kivia's wedding.

KKC Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 5:27am
post #9 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by amia1024

Quote:

Oh I wish I had made that cake! I had it saved as an idea for my wedding cake and thought I'd share since it's a perfect fit for Kivia's wedding.

Thanks so much for sharing, that cake is beautiful and simple. U know how some people don't want to give away their ideas, but I'm glad you were kind enough to offer. I am going to take your advice on the hydrangeas though, I love them. Well since I love Tiffany & Co I was going to do a 4-tier Tiffany Box cake with Chocolate gumpaste bows or ribbon. When I first signed up for this site and I saw a Tiffany box I was hooked and I knew for sure that I wanted that cake for my reception.

Amia Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 6:01am
post #10 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kivia

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks so much for sharing, that cake is beautiful and simple. U know how some people don't want to give away their ideas, but I'm glad you were kind enough to offer. I am going to take your advice on the hydrangeas though, I love them. Well since I love Tiffany & Co I was going to do a 4-tier Tiffany Box cake with Chocolate gumpaste bows or ribbon. When I first signed up for this site and I saw a Tiffany box I was hooked and I knew for sure that I wanted that cake for my reception.

Wow, I wish I was as decisive as you are! I can't decide, so I'm having 5 cakes! icon_lol.gif I'm having a 3-tier cheesecake made by a local bakery and then I'm making the other 4 myself. Should be interesting. If worst comes to worst, I have a Costco membership. icon_wink.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Are you doing white or blue hydrangeas? I think a mix of blue and white with brown ribbon would be pretty...oooh and you should add little rhinestone pins to the bouquet ribbon to add that little extra touch of Tiffany & Co. I better stop thinking about your wedding before I decide to change my color scheme again. icon_eek.gif

xstitcher Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 7:23am
post #11 of 19

I just wanted to say congrats and to say that those are great colour choices! Will you be doing the cake yourself?

Katie-Bug Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 1:35pm
post #12 of 19

Just wanted to tell you congrats!! That is so sweet!! The colors are beautiful, I love that combo!!! thumbs_up.gif

KKC Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 5:09pm
post #13 of 19

amia1024...I love that idea for the flowers. I'm trying to figure out what to do for centerpieces...I had an idea of doing tall Vases filled with those blue clear marbles/stones with the flowers on top. Well actually I'm leaving all the up to my mom she's the wedding planner/coordinator/decorator...she has many hats for this wedding because she has the decorator's touch. So i'm going to let her handle it.

xstitcher...Yes I'm doing the cake myself, I know i'm in for a lot of work. I also was going to put small individual Tiffany Box cakes on the place settings. Do u think that would be too much? I'm also going to do monogram cookies for favors and we're having a Tiffany Blue Candy Buffet on one table and then we're going to have a Chocolate Candy Buffet on the other table.

dinas27 Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 5:22pm
post #14 of 19

kivia I amde my own wedding cake too! you can do it. icon_biggrin.gif

I would draw the line at individual cakes though... we did homemade crabapple jelly as favors and belive me it was enough just to get those wrapped up never mind individual cakes!

Maybe you could do cake calls/truffles in cute boxes, or cookies shaped like the tiffany box? Fudge would also be great... you could stripe it with blue candy melts. I saw a picture though of someone who did mini tiffany cakes... I'll see if I can find it.

xstitcher Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 5:26pm
post #15 of 19
Quote:

amia1024...I love that idea for the flowers. I'm trying to figure out what to do for centerpieces...I had an idea of doing tall Vases filled with those blue clear marbles/stones with the flowers on top. Well actually I'm leaving all the up to my mom she's the wedding planner/coordinator/decorator...she has many hats for this wedding because she has the decorator's touch. So i'm going to let her handle it.

xstitcher...Yes I'm doing the cake myself, I know i'm in for a lot of work. I also was going to put small individual Tiffany Box cakes on the place settings. Do u think that would be too much? I'm also going to do monogram cookies for favors and we're having a Tiffany Blue Candy Buffet on one table and then we're going to have a Chocolate Candy Buffet on the other table.

I think that would look great but if you think that may be to much work perhaps you could do one a little bigger per table instead? The cookie favors are a great idea too! My mouth is drooling over the Candy buffet tables

icon_lol.gif !!

I can't weight to see the final result!!

dinas27 Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 5:32pm
post #16 of 19

Cute cookies!
www.articlay.com/cakes/images/TiffanyCookie.jpg
http://www.articlay.com/cakes/images/Sweet16CookieFavor.jpg

Whole tiffany themed event and instructions for mini cakes!
http://sweetdesignscakery.blogspot.com/2008/02/evening-at-tiffanys.html

xstitcher Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 5:48pm
post #17 of 19

Those place settings with the mini cakes look great, is that what you had in mind?? Was there also a larger cake in the middle of the table?

Amia Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 5:57pm
post #18 of 19
Quote:

I think your idea for the centerpieces sounds pretty.

Another idea: fill large tiffany boxes with flowers for the centerpieces, instead of using vases. Then put the cookies on the place settings instead of little box cakes. I love the glass beads too and you can still use them. I'm going to fill little glass votives with them and put tea lights on top. You could use the blue glass beads and put brown, or white, tea lights on top (or use the white beads and put a blue, or brown, tea light on top) or you could just scatter some around the centerpieces.

http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/tiffanyblueideas12342.JPG -- This is kind of what I was picturing.

KKC Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 7:06pm
post #19 of 19
Quote:

Quote:

I think your idea for the centerpieces sounds pretty.

Another idea: fill large tiffany boxes with flowers for the centerpieces, instead of using vases. Then put the cookies on the place settings instead of little box cakes. I love the glass beads too and you can still use them. I'm going to fill little glass votives with them and put tea lights on top. You could use the blue glass beads and put brown, or white, tea lights on top (or use the white beads and put a blue, or brown, tea light on top) or you could just scatter some around the centerpieces.

http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/tiffanyblueideas12342.JPG --

This is kind of what I was picturing.

I was looking at that same pic lol...i have it saved in my album for inspiration. I thank you all for your suggestions and I am most definately going to use them. I saw some cookies made by Diane's Cakes and more...I love them the blue and brown. I also like the idea of the tiffany boxes with the flowers and the cookies as place settings...All of your ideas are amazing..you guys just hyped me up more for this day icon_lol.gif

http://www.dianescakesandmore.com/monogram-cookies-squares.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%