I Want To Bean Apprentice Anyone Looking For A Worker In Ca?

Decorating By Neddyk Updated 18 Aug 2008 , 1:01am by jibbies

Neddyk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Neddyk Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 11:01pm
post #1 of 4

HI! My name is Nadilyn, I live in Sacramento, CA and I want to become a cake decorator more than anything. I would love to work for someone who would be willing to teach. I have been self taught and no one will hire someone without any formal training. I can work part time nights and all week ends, if you need someone full time I will quit my job and work for you. I still have bills.... so I can't work for free, I would if I could but, you know. icon_smile.gif I have pictures of my work if you would like to see and I would be happy to get a response back from anyone looking for assistants! Thanks for reading Love to hear back from anyone!

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 12:41am
post #2 of 4

Good luck. It is not practical to have anyone work in a bakery unless they are paid employee. That means whatever they pay you will double w/the 'fees' the employer has to pay (unemployment taxes etc).
It also their b usiness insurance will double. It is very costly for a business owner to take anyone on. There is no way around these charges.

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 12:51am
post #3 of 4

You may start as an "icer" somewhere. You'll have to learn to be fast and do the basics before they're going to let you do anything else.

You'll have much more luck asking someone for this kind of position than asking someone to teach you (especially for free.)

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 1:01am
post #4 of 4

I hope you find what you are looking for. All I can say is practice, practice, practice. Look for opportunities to give someone a free cake so you can hone your skills. Good luck icon_smile.gif

Jibbies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%