Do You Ever Feel Like This?

Decorating By something_sweet Updated 18 Aug 2008 , 1:38am by dee-lite

something_sweet Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 10:46pm
post #1 of 5

I love this website, and it has helped me learn so many things! But sometimes, I look at all the awesome cakes on here, and I feel like my cakes aren't good enough to sell! This may sound stupid, but when I finish a cake, and I am all excited about the way it turned out, I post it on here and wait for someone else to think it is great, and no one does! Then I get all depressed and think maybe it wasn't as good as I thought. I know sometimes colors and "professional" looking photography catch people's attention more than my pictures, and that may have something to do with it. Also I have only been doing this "professionally" for about 6 months, but sometimes I just wonder if I am good enough to continue in this business! I am my own worst critic. If I could just get some more confidence in my cake making, then it wouldn't bother me so much. I have considered not posting my pics on CC, so that I won't feel disappointed, but I guess you never know when someone will think you had a good idea! But anyway... thanks for listening to my little rant!

4 replies
Jasmine33 Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 11:08pm
post #2 of 5

I think what happens is that this board is so huge not every pic gets noticed. I have clicked on a few pics and been blown away and then seen NO comments! lol

There is a thread around here somewhere concerning this too.

TheCakeSmith Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 11:10pm
post #3 of 5

I have felt like that with just about every cake I have done!
Your cakes are very good and I know I would love to have any one of the ones you posted.

indydebi Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 12:56am
post #4 of 5

You are getting lots of views on your cakes. When I post my cakes, I'm complimented that people were interested enough just to pop in for a closer look. Relax ..... be assured by your own creativity and your pride in your work. If you think it's a great cake, then it is. thumbs_up.gif

dee-lite Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 1:38am
post #5 of 5

Iknow how you feel.I even know my cakes are good but I only use BC and when I see all of these cakes done in fondant it makes me feel inferior. I just remind myself that my customers love my work and I am proud of what I do and what really counts is I enjoy what I do and that is what matters most and all of the beautful cakes on this site inspire me and push me to try new things and be better with each cake.Good luck and don't be so hard on yourself we are our own worst critics!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%