Need Suggestions Asap

Decorating By justgale Updated 18 Aug 2008 , 1:35am by cakesbyclaire

justgale Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 8:45pm
post #1 of 3

I have an order for 1/4 sheet tomorrow afternoon. All I could get out of the lady was she wants classy, and elegent but plain. And no roses. It's suppose to say "will you marry me" Just to get colors out of her was like pulling teeth. She just said dark to start with. She finely decided on purple and a rose, after I suggested burgendy, forest green, royal blue, ect. ect. It's whipped iceing, which I told her was hard to get true dark colors from but she said it would be ok. I have no idea what to do for this. icon_cry.gif For something as important as "will you marry me?" I don't want to mess if up. What if they don't like the cake and say no icon_surprised.gif Any help would be appericated.
Sherri
PS is "classy, elegent but plain" a new style I'm not faimilar with? The bride for the wedding cake I did a few weeks back requested the same thing.

2 replies
wendydou Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 8:57pm
post #2 of 3

how about just a simple shell border with a tiny dot of color between each shell... do that for top and bottom.. write out the words and then do corelli lace around that, but keeping the words on plain flat surface .. does that make sense?? good luck.. I hate it when they say "do what you want" those are the cakes I usually do really bad on!

Wendy

cakesbyclaire Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 1:35am
post #3 of 3

Think Martha Stewart for "classy elegant plain." I once made a cake that was 2 layer round, frosted in a VERY soft violet/purple. It had a sort of medium violet/purple color for the piping on the sides... use a basket weave tip to pipe lines about 2-3 inches apart straight up and down on the sides of the cake. Then do a reverse shell border or something really simple like a shell.. then in a darker purple color write on the cake and do some dots between the shell border. (Mine had royal icing violets for the top and bottom borders.. but she may not want that.) Dont stress and Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%