Caramel Dipped Apples

Decorating By Reganlynn Updated 23 Sep 2008 , 3:05am by joeskitty

Reganlynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reganlynn Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 8:25pm
post #1 of 10

I am having a carnival themed birthday party and am making caramel apples. How far in advance can I make these apples, or do they have to be made that day?

Thank You.

9 replies
kimsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimsmom Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 10:21pm
post #2 of 10

I've made mine 4 days ahead, and kept them in the refrigerator because of the heat here in California. They were just fine. Don't know how much farther in advance you can make them. Perhaps someone else can give you that info.

imagine76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagine76 Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 3:21am
post #3 of 10

they'll be fine to keep for a couple of days. i made some last year with home made caramel! holy smokes they were good!!!

HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 3:26am
post #4 of 10

You can keep them a couple of days in the fridge - you may want to put a little lemon juice on the apple where you've pierced the skin with the stick to prevent browning icon_smile.gif

You can also "up the ante" by letting the caramel apples chill, then go back and dip in chocolate then roll in nuts, candies, jimmies, etc. Mmmmm.....

Classycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Classycakes Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 3:40am
post #5 of 10

I have to do 70 for wedding favours later this fall. First time doing them so I'm very interested in learning all I can. What type of caramel coating are you using? I was planning on using melted Kraft caramels. When you get them done, can you please let me know how long it took you to do them? I haven't a clue how long it will take me to do 70!!!

Good luck with your project!

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 3:54am
post #6 of 10

Just don't serve cold=== caramel can be too hard to eat. IMHO

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 6:39am
post #7 of 10
imagine76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagine76 Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 11:48am
post #8 of 10

oh her boudoir you're a woman after my own heart!!!

our humane society sells "gourmet" dipped apples for $15 each at valentine's day for a fund raiser. i think they're dipped in carmel, then chocolate and drizzled with white chocolate and sprinkled with nuts. the possibilities are endless!

do serve at room temp though!

i'm doing similar dipped pretzels at christmas this year. i'm already compiling my list!

HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 1:00pm
post #9 of 10

LOL Yes, definately serve at room temperature....I usually cheat and cut into wedges with a knife, too.

Popcorn balls would be great for this theme too.

joeskitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joeskitty Posted 23 Sep 2008 , 3:05am
post #10 of 10

Im doing a bunch of gourmet caramal apples for a craft show do you think a week in advance is ok for them to sit out? Im doing like rocky road, almond joy, snickers and so on.

Also the question on caramel. But when I tried mine out this weekend i did kraft caramel and peters caramel. Peters caramel was so much yummier! Had a whole better flavor then the kraft. And things seemed to slide off the kraft ones but not the peters caramel (things like m & ms, nuts and so on)

Good luck all

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%