Thinking Of Getting An Airbrush...who Is Happy With Theirs?

Decorating By Lori2240 Updated 17 Aug 2008 , 10:56pm by KoryAK

Lori2240 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lori2240 Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 2:12pm
post #1 of 5

I am thinking of getting an airbrush but since it is a pretty big investment I was just checking to see who is happy with theirs? Do you use it a lot? What exactly do you use it for? Any recommendations of type? Thanks!!

4 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 10:18pm
post #2 of 5

I've got a kromajet. I got it from kopykake.

I really like it. I'm not an airbrush artist. I use it mostly for applying pearl dust to my cakes or cake decorations, like bows. I've also used it to color a whole cake when it's a dark color and it would be a huge PITA to color that much frosting or fondant a dark tone.

I know there are many others out there with airbrushes, so I'm sure you'll get some good responses...

blueberrycheesecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blueberrycheesecake Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 10:35pm
post #3 of 5

I tried using an airbrush to color my cake and it's great. You just need to know how to control it but it's easy. icon_smile.gif It was first time yesterday and I loved it!

I can see it as an advantage because you just need to make white icing and you don't have to make several batches of icing to get different of colors for your cake. icon_smile.gif cool huh?

Lori2240 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lori2240 Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 10:38pm
post #4 of 5

Very cool.... I am just excited by the concept of not having to constantly give myself carpel tunnel kneading fondant to only achieve a 1 toned effect, whereas I can use a little trigger to add such detail! Do you have to buy a separate compressor or do they usually come with one. Thanks!!!

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 10:56pm
post #5 of 5

I got my kopycake from s u garcraft (eek! lol) and it came with the compressor. love it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%