I Can't Believe What Cc Has Done....

Decorating By lilmansmum Updated 17 Aug 2008 , 2:14am by Schmulie65

lilmansmum Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 1:09am
post #1 of 6

.....for me!!!! I mean REALLY! My skill level has increased astronomically since I became a CC junkie. If you look at my photos, you can see such a drastic change in the cakes I did before CC and after CC. I have learned SO MUCH here, and my cakes now are SOOOOOO much better!!! I love this place. I have done cakes I would have NEVER dreamed possible before. I used to look at cakes like the ones on Ace of Cakes as some kind of fantasy cakes done only by people with some kind of super-human cake skills....but not anymore!!! I am so much more confident. When someone asks me, "Oh do you think you could do a cake that looks like this or that?" I used to say, "Oh, I don't know if I could do that"....but now, no matter what anyone asks me to do, I say, "yeah, I'm sure I can do that"....and I do it!!!

If I'm totally at a loss for ideas, or have no clue what to do....I just come here and find a million ideas to choose from. It's just great. Before CC, I would panic if I didn't have any ideas for a cake...but with CC there are so many cakes to inspire me when I'm clueless...haha..

I delivered a cake to a baby shower today, and the cake brought the expectant mother to tears. (Happy tears, of course. lol) It's reactions like that that make all the hard work worthwhile. icon_smile.gif (Posted the cake in my pics.)

But really, I'm such a better cake decorator today because of CC. My family and friends are truly amazed at what I've learned to do. You people are so talented! Thanks for the inspiration!

Just thought I'd share. icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
nannie Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 1:18am
post #2 of 6

this is a wonderful place isn't it thumbs_up.gif

biancas_mommy Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 1:41am
post #3 of 6

hear, hear! icon_smile.gif i was just thinking today, working on the fairy cake in my photos, that i've learned about a billion times more in a few months on CC than i did in the 2 wilton courses i took (i started out intending to take the whole series, then discovered CC and decided i didn't need them after all). the people here are so great, talented, and generous with advice and tips. hurray for CC!

Cakebelle Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 1:43am
post #4 of 6

You said it sister! thumbs_up.gif

Tashablueyes Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 2:09am
post #5 of 6

Yeah, there aren't many places where you find people encouraging each other and sharing all of their knowledge so openly. CC Rocks!

Schmulie65 Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 2:14am
post #6 of 6

OMG--I so agree. I'm not in to cakes so much, but I love decorating cookies and cupcakes. I have learned so much and have been so inspired by everyone here it's not even funny! I did take two Wilton classes and learned quite a bit and planned to take more, but the instructor gave this website as a reference and the rest is history!! I absolutely love the "Warning this website is highly addictive" phrase posted in the upper left corner of this website because it is absolutely true!! Everyone here is so supportive and friendly! Thank you to everyone!! I started decorating cookies less than 1 year ago for other people and there has not been one week that I have not made cookies for someone since. People are paying me to do cookie bouquets and not only do I receive money, they are giving me hugs and thank you notes to boot! I feel extemely blessed. Sorry this is soooo long, but just wanted to thank everyone!! icon_smile.gif

Schmulie65

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%