Boring Cake!

Decorating By clopin0 Updated 16 Aug 2008 , 11:03pm by indydebi

clopin0 Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 8:51pm
post #1 of 3

A lady called wanting a sheetcake for her son's 17th birthday. Since he plays in the high school band, she wanted a trumpet on one side and a music note on the other side. I suggested that I do a trumpet wit several smaller music notes coming out of it. She really liked that idea, so that is what I went ahead and did. Well, I could not get FBCT of the trumpet onto the cake this morning. With the heat and humidity down here, it softened the moment it got out of the freezer. So, 1 hour before the cake is due, I had to freehand and fill-in a trumpet on the cake. I didn't have time to do much else to it since it needed to be delivered. The cake was just very plain and not very colorful. I, personally, thought it looked terrible and I'm afraid now that I let her down. When she saw it, she said it was what she wanted, but I just can't imagine how. Am I just beating myself up on this matter?

2 replies
indydebi Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 10:55pm
post #2 of 3

yes.

indydebi Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 11:03pm
post #3 of 3

sorry...I got distracted and hit 'submit' too soon!! icon_redface.gif

Remember that to those who can't do cakes, ANYTHING you do is going to look awesome to them! You know what you wanted it to look like, as compared to what the end result actually was. She had no idea of what you visualized vs. what she got.

She loved it. You did fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%