~~Are You Kidding Me??~~

Decorating By cakeladyatLA Updated 20 Aug 2008 , 4:27pm by Magnum

cakeladyatLA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladyatLA Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 7:24pm
post #1 of 26

I found this thread on DIGG, took me right to the cakewrecks blog which contains the site where the original story is from.

Can you believe this kind of thing?
who ordered a wedding cake from these people?
don't people ask for portfolio or something like that?
To me this is unbelievable, what do you think happened????

http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2008/07/inspiration-vs-perspiration.html

25 replies
Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 7:29pm
post #2 of 26

OMG somebody sucks worse than I do. LOLOL

Mike

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 7:46pm
post #3 of 26

That story has been making the internet rounds for at least 10 years! I know that Snopes did a thing on this cake thing a couple of years ago, and ascertained that while they couldn't prove the story was false, they couldn't prove it was true, either.

No one has ever come forward to claim this 'story' as theirs.

true or not, at least it wasn't a tattoo.

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 8:49pm
post #4 of 26

Am I the only one who notices the inconsistencies on that cake? Take a look at the white part - it's smooth. And the shell border, although simple, is well executed.

That is in complete contrast to the haphazard red, green and yellow. It looks like a regular white cake was attacked by an 8 year old with a pastry bag and a dream! icon_lol.gif

I would love to know the real story behind that trainwreck because it looks 'altered' to me. Either they ordered a normal cake and wonked it out as a joke or let the kids have a go at it....because there is no way the same person who baked, assembled and decorated the white part also did the color part, unless it was done on purpose. JMHO, of course!

Tashablueyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tashablueyes Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 2:40am
post #5 of 26

I agree cakediva, the cake itself looks like it was nice but not supported, and then they just squirted color all over it... maybe a hoax?

MeMo07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MeMo07 Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 3:05am
post #6 of 26

If you read down into the comments, the bride herself responds. icon_smile.gif Name of the baker and everything, LOL.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 3:53am
post #7 of 26

Thank you so much for reminding me about this website!! I hadn't checked it in a couple of weeks, and she uploaded quite a few more cake wrecks.

Oh Lord, I inhaled a grilled onion into my lung when I laughed at the sexual harassment cake. That was fricking hilarious!!

Lesson learned: don't laugh your arse off when you have a mouthful of food.

icon_smile.gif

Tashablueyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tashablueyes Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 4:17am
post #8 of 26

Wow, I did scroll down and read the comment from the bride. This is insane! Really unbelievable. I may not be perfect, but I would NEVER deliver this! If it turned out ANYWHERE near this disastrous, I'd go to walmart and bring them a cake, and I'd be embarassed beyond belief and return their money no questions asked.

Magnum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Magnum Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 12:15pm
post #9 of 26

your wedding day is supposed to be the best day of your life, gorgeous dress, dream husband, beautiful reception etc.......BUT suing for emotional distress because your cake collapsed is a bit ridiculous.

I think she is entitiled to a 100% refund and aslo a little extra for her cake being a complete wreck but emotional distress???

Judge Judy would let her know what time it was! lol

jenlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlg Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 12:49pm
post #10 of 26

I remember seeing this one before. That's exactly how the cake was delivered. What a lazy decorator she was! That poor bride!

sarahnichole975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahnichole975 Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 6:23pm
post #11 of 26

What a shame! On the other hand, I'm cracking up looking at the other disasters she has posted. Look at the firefighter cake!

robinscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinscakes Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 6:30pm
post #12 of 26

icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif

varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 6:42pm
post #13 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum

your wedding day is supposed to be the best day of your life, gorgeous dress, dream husband, beautiful reception etc.......BUT suing for emotional distress because your cake collapsed is a bit ridiculous.

I think she is entitiled to a 100% refund and aslo a little extra for her cake being a complete wreck but emotional distress???

The emotional distress wouldn't be so much over the cake as over the fact that it had to go to court to get a refund for the pile of crap, I'd think. Besides, she said she got the cost of the cake back but nothing for emotional distress.

Srsly, the lawyer probably told her to tack that on to see what they could get. The cost of the lawyer was probably more than the cost of the cake, after all!

rdiesing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rdiesing Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 6:42pm
post #14 of 26

I love cakewrecks!

I've seen quite a few of those pregnant bellies on CC!! I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks they are tacky.

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 6:49pm
post #15 of 26

rdiesing,

Are you west of Ann Arbor, MI??? Fellow Michiganian here! HI!

rdiesing Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 6:52pm
post #16 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetideas

rdiesing,

Are you west of Ann Arbor, MI??? Fellow Michiganian here! HI!

Hiya! Yes, west of Ann Arbor.

robinscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinscakes Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 6:55pm
post #17 of 26

I'm in the A2 vicinity, too!

valbos22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valbos22 Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 7:01pm
post #18 of 26

icon_redface.gif I just suggested that loaf idea (first blog pic) to someone on Cakecentral just last week. lol

I agree on the belly cakes thumbsdown.gif

rdiesing Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 7:03pm
post #19 of 26

Yep - in Chelsea. I entered a cake in the Chelsea Fair! LOL

rdiesing Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 7:06pm
post #20 of 26

The bride cake is crazy tacky, but kudos to the artist who had to replicate that in cake!

bowden80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bowden80 Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 7:27pm
post #21 of 26

I'm not a fan of the Belly Cakes either. Blah!
Plus I don't like the idea of cutting the belly to serve it.

rdiesing Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 7:33pm
post #22 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowden80

Ewww! I hadn't thought about THAT!! LOL

valbos22 Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 8:20pm
post #23 of 26
Quote:

It does seem kind of canabalistic, huh? I LOVE the belly casts that I have seen people do and I think a lot of the cake designs would look amazing on the "outside" of the cast. I think the person who originated the cake was thinking the same thing but in cake which sounds good in theory-- reality, not so much. icon_confused.gif

rdiesing Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 8:57pm
post #24 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by valbos22

Quote:

It does seem kind of canabalistic, huh? I LOVE the belly casts that I have seen people do and I think a lot of the cake designs would look amazing on the "outside" of the cast. I think the person who originated the cake was thinking the same thing but in cake which sounds good in theory-- reality, not so much. icon_confused.gif

I had a belly cast done by an artist friend of mine. She painted it with dragonflies to match the twins nursery. It's very cool - and a physical reminder of just how far one's body can stretch to accomodate 2 seven pound babies!

valbos22 Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 9:05pm
post #25 of 26

See, now that is very cool. I wish I had done one with each of my kids. 14 pounds of baby, Whoa! I thought I was maxed with an 11 lb 5 oz boy-- icon_eek.gif .

Magnum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Magnum Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 4:27pm
post #26 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by varika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum

The emotional distress wouldn't be so much over the cake as over the fact that it had to go to court to get a refund for the pile of crap, I'd think. Besides, she said she got the cost of the cake back but nothing for emotional distress.

Srsly, the lawyer probably told her to tack that on to see what they could get. The cost of the lawyer was probably more than the cost of the cake, after all!

I didn't realise the stress was caused due to not getting a refund, my bad icon_redface.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%