Which Is Your Favorite Kitchen Aid Mixer Model And Why...

Decorating By raquel1 Updated 17 Aug 2008 , 3:20pm by raquel1

raquel1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
raquel1 Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 7:08pm
post #1 of 10

Right now I have a Kitchen Aid Classic and I absolutely LOVE it. I've found a store that sells refurbished ones like new with warranty for great prices so I'm hinting to DH about it and want your advise. I know that I want something with a bigger bowl, is 5qt generally big enough or is 6 qt better? sometimes bigger is not better...also, do you like the tilt top or the raise the bowl kind? Thanks for you help guys icon_smile.gif

9 replies
Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 4:01am
post #2 of 10

I have a 4.5 qt (my first one), followed by a 5 qt lift-bowl (my second one) followed by four 5 qt Artisans (yeah, I know, ridiculous), and a 6 qt. By far, my 6 qt gets used much more than any of the others. Now, I love the tilt-head mixer, but the 6 qt only comes with the lift-bowl. If they made a 6 qt with a tilt-head, I'd probably buy it.

sadiepix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadiepix Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 4:08am
post #3 of 10

6 qt. is my fave too. Never had any other KA, though I use the smaller ones at work and don't really like them.

If they made a tilt head 6qt. I would be in paradise!!!!
icon_biggrin.gif

shanacoleman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanacoleman Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 4:19am
post #4 of 10

Raquel1, what is the website with the refurbished KA mixers? I am looking for one now. If I can save a few bucks, why not. This will be my first....been using old faithful hand mixer. icon_cry.gif

shanacoleman Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 4:22am
post #5 of 10

Sorry, I read your post again and realized you said a store. icon_sad.gif

iramirez94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iramirez94 Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 4:41am
post #6 of 10

I purchased the 5qt KA and wish that I had the 6 qt. This weekened I made a mess trying to make two NFSC batches!!!

Plus, doesn't the 6 qt have more power??

raquel1 Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 4:45am
post #7 of 10

Hey Shanacoleman: The store is Kitchen Collection and maybe there is one near you, check www.kitchencollection.com. They have new and refurbished appliances and kitchen goodies, I had a blast at their store icon_biggrin.gif

raquel1 Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 4:51am
post #8 of 10

Thanks a lot for the input, so far I've gathered that the KA 6qt is the winner, specially since I have a 4.5qt with the tilt head for regular batches. I can't wait to get it, my DH doesn't know that I'm salivating over here! I'm going to be on my best behavior icon_wink.gif (oh how manipulative of me icon_twisted.gif) but all is fair in love and cakes ha ha...

shanacoleman Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 4:56am
post #9 of 10

Thanks Raquel1. What is the drawback or what would make any one of you guys chose the 6qt over the 5qt? I am just getting started in baking seriously.

raquel1 Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 3:20pm
post #10 of 10

Good morning shanacoleman: I just checked responses in another thread titled KA 600 grrr... Where it started with problems some people are having with KA, particularly with the 600 model wich is a 6qt. But it also points out that KA as a company will exchange any faulty machine within the 1st year (with its own 1 year warranty). The OP ended up getting a new 600 that works great (she even posted a pic of it and it is gorgeous...drool...) She got it at Amazon.com and they are @ 339.00 including an ice cream maker that would be @ 100.00 at the discount store...
So, recap: bigger IS better according to everyone that has a 6qt, and the machine has a more powerful motor to handle double loads of anything icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%