Best Glue?

Decorating By lh Updated 19 Aug 2008 , 1:09am by kharvey

lh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lh Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 6:47pm
post #1 of 9

what is the best "glue" for attaching small items like pearls. I usually use royal icing(thick consistency) but i find that i have to hold the pearls in place for a bit, or else they start sliding. Is there better "glue" out there????
thanks!

8 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 6:59pm
post #2 of 9

What are you glueing it to? Fondant or what?

Take about a teaspoon of fondant and slowly water it down until consistency you like/works for you.
OR fill an emptied container of Tylose w/water and store in frig.

lh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lh Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 7:11pm
post #3 of 9

i'm attaching them to fondant....thanks for the reply

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 11:14pm
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

What are you glueing it to? Fondant or what?

Take about a teaspoon of fondant and slowly water it down until consistency you like/works for you.
OR fill an emptied container of Tylose w/water and store in frig.

?????? I am so sorry that I'm dense.... icon_redface.gif Just water? Clean it out or add the water to the container with the tylose still kind of remnants in there? Does that mix with the water and and work better than just plain water? Why store it in the fridge? How long does this last? Sorry so many questions... icon_rolleyes.gif

annacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annacakes Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 11:23pm
post #5 of 9

You can make a good "glue" also with a bit of gum paste (1/2 tsp.) chipped into a small container and mixed with about a tbsp. of water. Takes a while to dissolve but eventually you get a syruppy, cloudy mixture that will work quite well to stick pearls to fondant.

HTH.

A.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 11:43pm
post #6 of 9

.........Just water? Clean it out or add the water to the container with the tylose still kind of remnants in there? Does that mix with the water and and work better than just plain water? Why store it in the fridge? How long does this last?........

Yes, just add water to the remnants in the bottle/jar. Do NOT clean it out. Yes, it works better than just plain water. Store in frig for longer lasting. If it gets warm it could mold icon_sad.gif I've kept some around for over a yrs. It also can be fzn until you want it or you know it will be a long time between using.

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 12:41am
post #7 of 9

Thanks so much kakelady! I'm so gonna do this!! thumbs_up.gif

pinklesley1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklesley1 Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 1:00am
post #8 of 9

i normally just use water... but have to try the gumpaste glue, like edna uses... thanks for the recipie!!!

kharvey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kharvey Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 1:09am
post #9 of 9

Can you make glue out of fondant the same way you can gumpaste? I hate to open a package of gumpaste for just a small bit.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%