Cheerleading Cupcakes

Decorating By kpetcov Updated 17 Aug 2008 , 8:59pm by wendydou

kpetcov Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kpetcov Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 4:06pm
post #1 of 6

My daughter just became a cheerleader this year and her birthday is on a day when she has practice. I was thinking of having her bring in cupcakes to celebrate her birthday and I can't find any ideas on here or anywhere else. Does anyone have pics or ideas to share with me?

5 replies
sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 4:18pm
post #2 of 6

You could pipe on some pompoms, or a triangle shape for a megaphone.

valbos22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valbos22 Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 4:54pm
post #3 of 6

You could do cupcakes, and use a start tip, pulling up and out to make pom poms (Similar to the fur on the cupcakes on the cover of Hello Cupcake) or put them all together as a cupcake cake and the team they cheer for on it. OR, you could do a cupcake cake in the shape of a HUGE pom pom or a megaphone, how cute! icon_biggrin.gif

aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 5:08pm
post #4 of 6

I too like the idea of pom poms. You could also make pennants on your computer with the team name and stick them on a toothpick on top of the pom-pom. Some of the pennants could say your daughters name, or happy birthday, along with the team name and colors.

How fun.

LetThereBeCake07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LetThereBeCake07 Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 5:09pm
post #5 of 6

I did a cheerleading cake with 3D pom poms. You could use the pom pom idea as cupcakes even using two colrs within one pom pom to make them more fun. I used the grass/hair tip.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1185028.html

wendydou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendydou Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 8:59pm
post #6 of 6

I love the grass tip.. use that for pom poms.. do they have a mascot?? can you put the mascot on cupcakes?

Wendy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%