Care To Share Your Best Moist Vanilla Cake Recipe

Baking By doublecz1103 Updated 22 Nov 2014 , 7:27am by CakePrincessPE

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 11:17am
post #121 of 130

just finished reading this thread. I can't believe i've missed it before. picked up a lot of great info. thanks for sharing everyone!

linnod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linnod Posted 16 Jul 2013 , 1:25pm
post #122 of 130

New to this.. Might be a stupid question but what is WASC?

love5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
love5 Posted 13 Aug 2013 , 1:52am
post #123 of 130

Hi just wondering will this be good for stacking ? I am making a 3 tier cake for a baby shower i am using a 8 x 3 inch, 10x3 inch and 12x3 inch pan and will be covered in fondant. How much would i need to use to make a 8x3 and 12 x 3 what temp and how long in oven? Any suggestions on what i could use under the fondant ? The cake will be out and not refrigerated. Any ideas would help.

Thank you,icon_smile.gif

w201962 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
w201962 Posted 13 Aug 2013 , 7:50pm
post #124 of 130

Hi Bettina,

I really like your recipe. What could I do to make this recipe into strawberry flavored cake?

ma329 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ma329 Posted 19 Oct 2013 , 3:14pm
post #125 of 130

A

Original message sent by love5

Hi just wondering will this be good for stacking ? I am making a 3 tier cake for a baby shower i am using a 8 x 3 inch, 10x3 inch and 12x3 inch pan and will be covered in fondant. How much would i need to use to make a 8x3 and 12 x 3 what temp and how long in oven? Any suggestions on what i could use under the fondant ? The cake will be out and not refrigerated. Any ideas would help. Thank you,:)

Did you ever get any suggestions? I'm trying to make a similar cake for a birthday party.

JerryLINY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JerryLINY Posted 19 Oct 2013 , 4:16pm
post #126 of 130

Have you tried Baking 911's Ultimate Butter Cake?

vickylou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickylou Posted 20 Nov 2013 , 9:12am
post #127 of 130

What is a cup equivalent to in grams or ml?

cake-mom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake-mom Posted 15 Apr 2014 , 6:25pm
post #128 of 130

Can someone tell me what size cake mix you are using in this recipe?  They tend to vary from 15.25 (Betty Crocker) to 18.25 (Duncan Hines).  I know that some companies have only been downsizing their cake mixes for the last several years.  So since this thread is from 2008 originally I wasn't sure if that was from before or after downsizing of some mixes.  I read on Cake Mix Doctor that she just adds flour when the cake mix that you have been using becomes smaller packages.  I just didn't know if that extra cup of flour in this recipe was because of that or if that she just adds it regardless of the size of the mix.

Bottom line ... what is the size of the cake mixes y'all are using in this recipe?

Also, I saw some people say the recipe she posted in this thread is the double but then it seems like someone else said it wasn't.  I'm just looking to make a 9x13.  Do I need the recipe as she posted here or half?

Thanks!

lil msmuffet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lil msmuffet Posted 22 Nov 2014 , 6:01am
post #129 of 130

AThanks kakeladi for your moist vanilla cake recipe! just baked my 1st ever cake for my daughter's 7th birthday and everybody love it! I couldn't believed it turned out so good.Perfect vanilla cake recipe ever, I will be using this from now on,can't wait to make more cakes!

CakePrincessPE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakePrincessPE Posted 22 Nov 2014 , 7:27am
post #130 of 130

I use the following formula for all my vanilla cakes - works perfectly moist every time...

It's based on the weight of your eggs... Sorry, it's metric...But this method is so easy to remember as well, no matter what size cake you make.

Weigh eggs - eg. 3 eggs = 165g (I use large eggs)

Castor sugar = 165g

Crisco/ white margarine or butter is HALF the above weight = 82g

Mayonnaise (NOT the tangy one) is the other half of your fats= 82g

Self raising flour - 165g + (1Tbsp/ egg = 3Tbsp) - NOTE: If making chocolate cake and using cocoa, use 1 Tsbp cocoa instead of extra Tsbp of flour/ egg

Vanilla OR other essence = 1tsp/ 3 eggs

Milk = 1Tbsp/ egg = 3 Tbsp

METHOD

Cream butter/ crisco with sugar. Separate eggs and add one egg yolk at a time to creamed mix, beating thoroughly each time. Mix essence, milk and mayonnaise together. Add to creamed mixture. Beat well until all lumps disappear. Slowly add flour (cocoa) on slow speed. Mix thoroughly at high speed when combined. Whisk egg whites till stiff. Fold into creamed mixture.

I bake at lowest level in oven at 150C with a pan of water below and cover cake tin with a sheet of parchment to assist even rise and no drying out/ crusting. Above recipe normally takes about 20 minutes. Above recipe makes 12 cupcakes. I use this measurement to calculate how many eggs I then need for my cake pan sizes. Eg... 4 eggs mixture makes 6 inch pan comfortably - raising right to top of tin... 7 eggs makes 8 inch tin perfectly/ 9 eggs makes 10 inch. I also use a flower nail (on base of tin) in centre of cake batter to assist heat flow and even baking. 

Let me know if any of you try this...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%