Mailbox News Sep/oct

Decorating By tirby Updated 18 Aug 2008 , 9:37pm by tirby

tirby Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 1:23pm
post #1 of 11

I was SO excited in July when Kimberly Anderson,the editor of Mailbox News called and asked IF I would like to make the Halloween Sweets (Skull and crossbones) cupacke cake with pictures and instructions for the decorators showcase for the Sept/ Oct issue.....WOULD I LIKE TO!!!!!????? (as my kids look at me like I'm insane for "slightly" freaking out icon_confused.gif ) Sure I'd love to. was the reply.

SO I m not sure if I freaked out more when she called or when the issue came 2 days ago icon_lol.gif !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway had to share it's nothing fancy but it was a blast and an honor to do it.! There are some amazing cakes in this issue and hats off (no pun intended) to KimAZ... I love you cowgirl cake its awsome!!!!!!!!

10 replies
indydebi Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 1:43pm
post #2 of 11

WHat a great honor!! I would be doing the electro-tech version of the snoopy-happy-dance, too, if I were in your shoes!

Congrats!!!

gabbenmom Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 1:59pm
post #3 of 11

Congratulations Tirby!!! Your cake looked great!!! I thought you did a great job! I was impressed with how easy you made it look!

Congrats to you and IndyDebi and everyone else that was published this month!!!!

GeminiRJ Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 3:39pm
post #4 of 11

I just looked thru that issue, and I LOVED your article! I have an article being published in the Nov/Dec issue (Christmas basketweave w/ cookies) and I hope it looks half as nice as yours! I'll definitely want to try the skull and crossbones for Halloween. It'd be great for a pirate theme party, too.

sari66 Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 5:52pm
post #5 of 11

I saw this and thought it would be wonderful for halloween. U did a great job!

KimAZ Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 8:00pm
post #6 of 11

WOOHOO! Yeah Tirby! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif I didn't know that was yours! How cool is that? What a great cake and such a fun idea! I'm so happy to know other CC's are in that magazine too. Thank you for the compliments on my cake too. I'm still smiling from ear to ear to see it in there! icon_biggrin.gif

I know bonnscakesAZ has a 3D apple cake on page 2, Indydebi has a basketweave cake on page 36 and tonedna has a sunflower wedding cake on page 37. Who else??? Come on everyone, share your joy!

Wish we knew people's names so we could identify even more!

KimAZ

KimAZ Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 8:03pm
post #7 of 11

Oo!Oo! I found another one I knew I recognized! It's the huge mummy cake on page 32, that was made by DianeLM! I knew I remembered that one. Awesome job! thumbs_up.gif

KimAZ

KimAZ Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 8:32pm
post #8 of 11

Oh looky, there is another one I knew I recoginized. It's the beer bucket on page 9 by JulieBugg2000.

Sorry, didn't mean to hyjack your thread Tirby. icon_redface.gif I'm just excited to see everyone's work!

KimAZ

indydebi Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 8:44pm
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimAZ

... and tonedna has a sunflower wedding cake on page 37.

I knew I recognized that cake!! Thanks for saving me the research time! thumbs_up.gif

I also enjoyed the article on copyrighted characters .... a frequently discussed issue around here!

Mencked Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 3:28am
post #10 of 11

I just finally looked at that issue today and thought I recognized so many of the cake pics and now I know I really had seen them before (on here)!! Congrats everyone!

tirby Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 9:37pm
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimAZ

Oh looky, there is another one I knew I recoginized. It's the beer bucket on page 9 by JulieBugg2000.

Sorry, didn't mean to hyjack your thread Tirby. icon_redface.gif I'm just excited to see everyone's work!

KimAZ

NO PROBLEM! I want to know all of my "Friends" that made the mag... HOW EXCITING!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gifparty.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%