Foodie Blog Re:cake And Ices Orlando.

Decorating By quilting2011 Updated 16 Aug 2008 , 2:15pm by quilting2011

quilting2011 Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 1:31am
post #1 of 5

I was surfing the net while waiting at the airport. This is an interesting website She has an interesting journal about her experience at ICES Orlando.

Did any cc members have a postive or negative experience at ICES? I want to go but do not hear/read good comments about ICES--attendees being pushed and shoved in the vending room, grabbing seats when it is not your assigned number on the ticket. Just want anyone's input. I may just go to cake camp. It seems I read more postive experience attending cake camp in Las vegas.

4 replies
Mac Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 5:31am
post #2 of 5

Yes, there is pushing and shoving by some people the minute the vendors doors are open. It is for the few free items some give away--and the monetary value is probably less than $2.00--so it's best to wait until the mad dash is over.

All seats are assigned by numbers...if you get there on time, there is no problem. Just tell them to get up--the convention people will back you up if you have a problem. USUALLY, at about 5 minutes before the demo starts, they ALLOW people to move up so if you come in after that--too bad. You have to sit someplace else.

I have been for the past 3 years and I can't imagine not going. All in all, the good outweighs the bad. I say "go for it!"

quilting2011 Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 6:05am
post #3 of 5

Hi Mac-

Thanks so much for your tips. You helped me make my decision. I will go to ICES next year. I will make sure to wait a few minutes after the mad dash for the freebies.

Mac, how many days do you stay if your visiting out of town. If demo classes start on Thursday, do you arrive the day before?

Again, thanks for you help.

Mac Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 6:29am
post #4 of 5

Yes, we arrive the day before (Wednesday). Usually I have an 8 AM demo on Thursday so coming in on Wednesday, I can get registered and check to see where I will be going for demos. Don't want to be late icon_biggrin.gif .

The first year that I went, I was by myself. I did alot of volunteering. That allowed me to get comfortable with the convention and I never meet a stranger. I really enjoyed talking with everybody.

Hope that helps--Pam

quilting2011 Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 2:15pm
post #5 of 5

Quote by @%username% on %date%