Army Cake/cupcake For Ds

Decorating By cakes4ck Updated 18 Aug 2008 , 3:47am by cocobean

cakes4ck Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 1:30am
post #1 of 8

My son's bday is coming soon and he first requested an army tank cake, but then said he wanted cupcakes instead. We are having this party at our park 7 miles away. Anyhow I thought the cupcakes would be neat, but don't want to use toy figures on them. Plus he doesn't like fondant. So any suggestions on what to do.

7 replies
miny Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 7:59am
post #2 of 8

Just airbrush different shades of green and brown kind of army camouflage, or make some chocolate guns, HTH. Good luck! usaribbon.gif

barbaranoel Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 10:08pm
post #3 of 8

I have a picture of a really easy army tank in my pictures - pm me if you want instructions

cakes4ck Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 3:23am
post #4 of 8

I really think camo by itself is kind of boring.. LOL. But, thanks for the ideas. While thinking last night, I asked my son what does he think of when he thinks Army and he said tanks, guns, grenades, parachutes, etc. So, I'm thinking of doing a cupcake tree with all the different things he said. Cupcakes would be so much easier for the kids. But, then my son wouldn't have his cake which he always looks forwards to and tells me way in advance what he wants.
Or, I might just do the tank cake. It doesn't look too hard, but I know it is probally harder than it looks. I tried a 3d firetruck cake and that was the worst cake ever. It turned out ok, but so stressful.
Any other thoughts?

Kate714 Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 3:34am
post #6 of 8

You could do a cupcake cake. I have a cake in my photos of a cupcake cake with camo, with a picture of a helicopter in the middle. You could do something similar w/a tank, etc. Just a thought!

aztomcat Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 3:39am
post #7 of 8

Don't forget to include the stripes to designate private, etc and you could include some name tags for the bday boy

cocobean Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 3:47am
post #8 of 8

My son is in the Army National Guard. I made him a camo shirt with silver dog tags. I know it's not totally what you are looking for but maybe something with it could give you an idea. It's in my photos. Sorry I can't do a link. icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%