Retirement Cake...need Ideas....

Decorating By melodyscakes Updated 16 Aug 2008 , 1:03pm by melodyscakes

melodyscakes Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 1:12am
post #1 of 4

Its a last minute order, not due until Sunday evening.
I happened to have extra 6" and 8" then stacked them....so I want to use them for this cake. the couple is retiring and are not sure what they will be doing with their futures..but travel seems to be on option, so I thought I'd do something to do with traveling.
other than that....I am LOST!
any suggestions would help me out!

thank you!

melody

3 replies
xstitcher Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 3:03am
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by melodyscakes

Its a last minute order, not due until Sunday evening.
I happened to have extra 6" and 8" then stacked them....so I want to use them for this cake. the couple is retiring and are not sure what they will be doing with their futures..but travel seems to be on option, so I thought I'd do something to do with traveling.
other than that....I am LOST!
any suggestions would help me out!

thank you!

melody

Hi Melody,

The first things that came to mind when you mentioned traveling was perhaps a suitcase(s), globe cake or road trip cake but I'm not sure yet how to incorporate that with round (stacked) cakes. Maybe a winding road and something at the summit like a place they'd like to visit?

I found this when I went searching maybe it can give you some ideas?

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1173338

HTH!

Kitty484 Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 9:41am
post #3 of 4

What about a flat round plaque for the top with some of the world map on it and then have the couple climbing up the side to reach it somehow. Sort of a 'World is your oyster' kind of theme lol!

melodyscakes Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 1:03pm
post #4 of 4

thank you both! I won't have time to work on this until later, but you got my wheels turning!

melody

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%