Marshmallow Creme Buttercream

Baking By sweet4tooth Updated 16 Aug 2008 , 7:08pm by sweet4tooth

sweet4tooth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet4tooth Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 1:09am
post #1 of 11

I got this recipe from this web site. I thought it was ok to kept in the fridge. However, when I took it out and tried to mix it again so it can be workable it turned into soft mixture. Can someone tell me what I did wrong? Sometime the room gets too hot and I have to put in the fridge. Please help. I love the texture and test of it.
Sweet!!

10 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 1:22am
post #2 of 11

Well, it's mostly butter, so when warm it will probably be soft. icon_smile.gif

You can always add more powdered sugar to firm it up a bit.

HTH

Edee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Edee Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 1:48am
post #3 of 11

for my buttercream I use all shortning, no butter. Hod up great.

sweet4tooth Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 2:51am
post #4 of 11

It is a Marshmallow Creme Buttercream. It does not have butter. It is just shortning, powedered sugar and marshmallow creme. Does this make sense.
Thanks.

sweet4tooth Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 3:00am
post #5 of 11

By the way does anyone knows the Sam's Club in Houston, Tx sell icing in a big container at the bakery. I have read on Wilton discusion site that in some states they sell. I was just wondering. If you know please let me know which part of Houston it is. Thanks.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 3:30am
post #6 of 11

This is the recipe I thought you used:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2110-Marshmallow-Creme-Buttercream.html

I'm not familiar with the one you actually used. Could you post a link?

yvy_cano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yvy_cano Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 5:13pm
post #8 of 11

Yum I love anything marshmellow! sweet4tooth, the recipe you posted has 4 stick of butter in the recipe. Did you by chance replace it with shortening? I live in Fl and everytime I make a butter based buttercream is gets sooo melty and nearly impossible to work with.

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 5:17pm
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet4tooth

By the way does anyone knows the Sam's Club in Houston, Tx sell icing in a big container at the bakery. I have read on Wilton discusion site that in some states they sell. I was just wondering. If you know please let me know which part of Houston it is. Thanks.

This was discussed quite a bit before the crash, but most Sam's do sell their large buckets of icing. They have several types and colors. the only thing is that it depends on each Bakery manager whether they will sell it straight out of thier stock or you have to order it. Ours will gladly order it for you but it only about a two day wait.

Jibbies

kimblyd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimblyd Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 5:42pm
post #10 of 11

Sweet, it looks like your link and Jan's was for the same recipe. It is the one I use all the time.

I only use it for filling, never tried frosting a whole cake with it. It might be too sticky/gooey to smooth. But it is delicious as a filling, you can really taste the marshmallow.

It calls for 4 sticks of butter and no shortening. When I first made it following the recipe exactly, I thought it was way too buttery.

Now I use just two sticks of butter, one 7 oz and one 13 oz jar Marshmallow Creme, 1 teaspoon of vanilla and 1 cup of powdered sugar. I add up to one cup more of ps to get it to the consistency I like.

Hope this helps.

Kim
icon_smile.gif

sweet4tooth Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 7:08pm
post #11 of 11

I made the one with butter but as you said it, it was to buttery. The second time I made, I used shortening. The room I was in was getting hot so I put it in fridge and later I took it out. Few minutes later I tried to mix and it turned into runny texture. I love the recipe but it is hard to work with. If anyone can figure it out how to solve this problem.
Thanks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%