Hairstyle Help...

Lounge By TexasSugar Updated 17 Aug 2008 , 8:37pm by Amia

TexasSugar Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 11:40pm
post #1 of 9

Does anyone happen to know of a website where you can plug a picture of yourself in and test out hair styles? I'm considering cutting my hair short, but I'm worried it isn't gonna look good.

Does such a site exsist?

8 replies
Amia Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 1:34am
post #2 of 9

They do, but they never make you look good. You look like a Doodlebop or an Oompa Loompa with the cartoonish hair. I think iVillage.com has one if you want to try it anyway. Of course, remember that your hair type may not be the right thickness for the style you like. That's always my problem. I find cute short cuts, but my hair is thick so I could never recreate the style.

TexasSugar Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 4:26am
post #3 of 9

My hair is straight and fine, so I know that not all styles would work. I'd just like to have an idea of what I want before I walk in somewhere to get it cut. I'm still debating it.

Thanks!

Amia Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 5:21am
post #4 of 9

Have you looked at the short hairstyle magazines? I've seen them at Walmart. They have tons of pics and your stylist should be able to tell you if a particular one will work with your hair and look good on you. I also google celeb short hairstyles to get an idea of what I want (the last time I chopped my hair off, I copied Mandy Moore's short hairstyle from a few years back). I tend to prefer short hair, and can't ever seem to let mine grow. I'm trying to grow it out now. We'll see how long it lasts this time. icon_rolleyes.gif

Good luck with your hair! Hope you find something you like. icon_smile.gif

dinas27 Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 1:51pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by amia1024

Have you looked at the short hairstyle magazines? I've seen them at Walmart. They have tons of pics and your stylist should be able to tell you if a particular one will work with your hair and look good on you. I also google celeb short hairstyles to get an idea of what I want (the last time I chopped my hair off, I copied Mandy Moore's short hairstyle from a few years back). I tend to prefer short hair, and can't ever seem to let mine grow. I'm trying to grow it out now. We'll see how long it lasts this time. icon_rolleyes.gif

Good luck with your hair! Hope you find something you like. icon_smile.gif

That is what I would suggest too. I generally try to find a celeb with the same face shape and (as much as you can judge from a picture) hair type. You could also just tell your hairdresser to go at it!

TexasSugar Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 11:58pm
post #6 of 9

I looked up a website last night with short styles and find a few that I liked and thought might work on me. I don't really have a good hairstylest so that's something I'll have to find too. icon_smile.gif

Since I am in the process of trying to lose weight I have decided to wait a couple of months before I do get it cut, if I go that option. That way I can get it cut to how I look then and not cut it now only to have it look not quite right later. icon_smile.gif

I've always had long to longish hair, so it will be a big change for me. Changes are scary. HeHe.

dragonflydreams Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 6:39am
post #7 of 9

. . . I haven't actually "used" this site . . . but maybe it will be of some use to you . . . http://www.taaz.com/ . . . if you do try it out let us know what you think . . . icon_smile.gif

OKAY . . . that was fun . . . I just spent about an hour play in that site . . . I would highly recommend . . . it was a blast . . . icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

dragonflydreams Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 8:05pm
post #8 of 9

. . . we could all have some fun "altering" our images and posting on this thread . . . http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6048386-.html#6048386

. . . .anybody game?? icon_biggrin.gif

. . . who's first . . . icon_eek.gif

Amia Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 8:37pm
post #9 of 9

I'm game! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%