Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 11:34pm
post #1 of 5

I just named my business. "A little Piece of Heaven"

4 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 1:27am
post #2 of 5

It's a nice name...but I usually like to get a hint about what the company is selling/promoting based on their name, you know?

How about simply changing it to "A Little Slice of Heaven" or "Heavenly Slice" or "Slice of Life" ?

Albeit, you could be selling pies or pizza based on that name...but at least it indicates food probably and your logo could include a cake with a slice out of it to illustrate it even further, you know? icon_cool.gif

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 8:56pm
post #3 of 5

It took some getting used to but now I love it. My mom calls me one day and she said that she had a dream that I had a shop called A little piece of heaven. She said that she jumped up out of her sleep and wrote the name down. She had called me the next morning. At first I wasnt to sure about it but now that I keep saying it, it has stuck in my head. Also I thought it was funny that my pastor had said one day to the congregation that they shouldnt go to heaven until they have had my cookies. So I said they need a little piece of heaven right here on earth. Soooo they name just stuck. lol. oh well thanks for all the input.

LNW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LNW Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 9:17pm
post #4 of 5

Iâm with Antonia, it IS a cute name but you should reference what your product will be somehow. I named my business after my daughter and my niece and tacked âcakesâ on the end and my logo is a wedding cake as well so people know I make cakes (unless they are really dense). A Little Piece of Heaven could be anything, a spa, a boutique and cute little gift shop etc.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 12:39am
post #5 of 5

Antonia, you hit it! In a Yahoo Search, a "Slice of HEaven" is a pizza place in Oregon. It's also a bakery in Jamestown RI, AND a bakery in Grants Pass Oregon, and it's a spa in California.

"A Little Slice of Heaven" is a bakery in Mesa AZ, and a bed-n-breakfast in SugarCreek OH.

"A Little Piece of Heaven" is also a palm tree brokering company in Florida.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%