springlakecake Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 5:40pm
post #1 of

Thinking of making a fondant baby blanket for the top of a shower cake. I have seen some with a "stitching" like impression on them. Just wondering where I can get something like this to give the blanket some details. Any other suggestions on cute details welcome, as well as any tips on making the blanket. Thank you!

7 replies
Tkeys Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 5:43pm
post #2 of

Wilton has a fondant cutter/embosser wheel - one of the embossing wheels creates the "stitching" look

Tkeys Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 5:44pm
post #3 of

I forgot to say that I think some people roll out the fondant using the embossed fondant rolling pins to creat designs/embossed patterns on the fondant, too, or can use a "stamp" to emboss the fondant and create designs like a quilted effect on the blanket. Hope that helps.

springlakecake Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 6:00pm
post #4 of

Oh okay, I have that. Which one makes the stitch though? the zig zag one?

JaneK Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 6:06pm
post #5 of

I would use the one that looks like teeny horizontal lines..they look like stitching when you roll it over something..
Also, if you have a new clean stamp(Michael's often has them in the bargain bin), you could use that to pattern your blanket!

HTH
Jane

Tkeys Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 6:10pm
post #6 of

The one JaneK just recommended - it looks like tiny lines, or a flower almost . . . it has spaces in between each line, and when you roll it, it creates a dashed line and the stitching effect. I just used it on the baseball hat cake I did - it was pretty cool how it works. I kept thinking other people's stitching looked like it was spaced further apart than mine came out, but it looks really nice.

springlakecake Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 6:12pm
post #7 of

oh oh oh! I was thinking of the ribbon/embosser thing. I do have the other one you are talking about too. Okay, I see which one you mean now! Thanks!

Tkeys Posted 12 Jan 2007 , 6:23pm
post #8 of

yw! there is probably a picture of it in the purse tutorial . . . it is the same one used for making the stitching on the purse cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%