Any Cake N Crumbs Instructors Here?

Decorating By DuncanHinesgirl Updated 17 Aug 2008 , 4:56am by PinkZiab

DuncanHinesgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DuncanHinesgirl Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 9:57pm
post #1 of 6

I was curious if any CC members were also Cake n Crumb instructors. I became aware of the direct sales company when they advertised for instructors in Chicago Parent magazine two summers ago.

Any experiences with them you'd like to share?

Marie

5 replies
jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 10:04pm
post #2 of 6

I've not ever heard of them. What is it?

Jibbies

fergiesgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fergiesgirl Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 10:07pm
post #3 of 6

Heard of them, but they didn't seem to be a large enough company that I was comfortable joining.

thin4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thin4life Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 10:13pm
post #4 of 6

I have heard about the company and have been thinking about becoming an instructor. What you do is go into people's homes and do different types of classes, like cookie decorating, cake decorating, etc. They offer several different types of classes. The owner lives in Wisconsin and they just came out with new catalogs. They don't have very many consultants, they are trying to grow the business. I have met the owner and she is a very nice down to earth lady. If you would like to know more about the company visit their website.

http://www.cakencrumbs.com/home.asp

Lisa

DuncanHinesgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DuncanHinesgirl Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 2:40pm
post #5 of 6

I've periodically checked their website in the past and at one time there were as many as 3 instructors in Illinois and now there are none listed. I wonder why.

I know among my circle of friends it seems that the home party thing has dried up. There used to be a time when I was getting invitations weekly. Now the only parties I've been invited to are Cabi ones because a friend of a friend is a consultant.

I really like the idea of the home candy making-cookie-cake decorating party, though.

Marie

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 4:56am
post #6 of 6

I don't have any personal experience with them, but I just looked through their catalog and it's all Wilton, Ateco, and other commons brands--things you can get at the local craft store, cake supply or anywhere else online. Seems to me that when people do attend and buy from home parties it is because they have an interesting and EXCLUSIVE product line you can't get just anywhere. Granted the in-home classes are a nice touch, but if people really want to learn they'd seek out instruction anyway.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%