Ideas For A Massage Table Cake

Decorating By momtobtb Updated 15 Aug 2008 , 8:18pm by Pama2d

momtobtb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momtobtb Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 7:10pm
post #1 of 5

I have an order next week for a cake in the shape of a massage table with pink sheets and a generic bottle of lotion. This will be easy enough since I'll just stack two 11x15 sheet cakes, carve it a bit and cover with fondant.

This is for a girl who is graduating from massage therapy school and I was just wondering if there was something else cute and unique to do with this cake.

I just think this will turn out looking like a bed rather than a massage table.

Any ideas?

Becky

4 replies
holoien003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
holoien003 Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 7:58pm
post #2 of 5

What about adding a small grad cap on one of the corners on the massage table?

JMarieSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JMarieSweets Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 8:11pm
post #3 of 5

you could add a c shaped "pillow" at the top of the table where the face would go. Add some bolster pillows in the shape of wedges or a tube shape (used to prop up knees) some folded fondant towels?

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 8:14pm
post #4 of 5

I would definitely add the hole at the head of the massage table. I have never had a massage without that type of bed so i assume it's standard. If you don't know what i'm talking about google image massage table and i'm sure you'll see it. You could make it out of gumpaste or something similar. OR...if you are good at figure molding you could sculpt a figure that looks similar to the graduate and have her leaning up against the bed with a grad cap. HTH

suz

Pama2d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pama2d Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 8:18pm
post #5 of 5

Me being a massage therapy student myself, I agree with JMarieSweets that you definitely should do the face cradle... the bolster is a must as well. If you're handy with wood, I think it would be really cool if you could somehow create a base for it to sit on with legs. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to make...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%