Candy Gems/jewels? Where To Buy?

Decorating By BCo Updated 18 Aug 2008 , 1:39pm by beachcakes

BCo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCo Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 6:40pm
post #1 of 10

Hi guys- I know that I have seen one place online that you can buy candy/sugar gems/jewels but that website says it's no longer in business - I believe it was called Jewels of Denial or something to the effect. Does anyone know where I can purchase candy/sugar jewels?

I'm not a candy maker but if anyone has any suggestions as to how I can make them I guess I could give it a go - I would rather be able to buy them but if they're somewhat easy to make then I guess I might be able to go that route.

thanks so much

Brandie

9 replies
Toptier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Toptier Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 7:33pm
post #2 of 10
BCo Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 12:01am
post #3 of 10

awesome!! perfect, exactly what I was looking for!

thanks for the help

Brandie

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 12:21pm
post #4 of 10

There is a silicone mold that you put into your oven with crushed jolly ranchers. Works pretty well - I used it on a pirate treasure chest cake.

http://www.firstimpressionsmolds.com/gems.aspx

BCo Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 1:43pm
post #5 of 10

awesome- that's even better - then I could make whatever colors and sizes and then of course I would always have it for future uses - does it come with directions for using the jolly ranchers?

Thanks so much for your help!

Cookie4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie4 Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 2:03pm
post #6 of 10

Take a look at your local Michaels/Hoby Lobby stores in the Wilton/Candy Isle for molds. The candy molds are not temperature sensative and there is a mold that has several gem sizes/shapes in one mold that would work for you. Many people melt Jolly Ranchers in them - cool - remove.

cakequeen50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakequeen50 Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 12:27am
post #7 of 10

I purchased mine at f ancy flours and this is what they look like on a cake.
http://forum.cakecentral.com/picture-of-cake-jewels-on-ftopicp-6041252.html#6041252

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 12:54am
post #8 of 10

Crushed jolly ranchers??? Awesome!!!

PiccoloChellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PiccoloChellie Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 2:55am
post #9 of 10

Wow, the Jolly Ranchers tip is awesome! Can't wait to try that out.

Hmmm, that means I get to go shopping, doesn't it? icon_twisted.gificon_biggrin.gif

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 1:39pm
post #10 of 10

I believe there are directions w/ the first impressions mold. You put them on a low setting for a few minutes.

Here's the cake i did - not a great shot of the jewels, but gives you the idea... http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1209441

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%