Mmf Made With White Chocolate

Baking By bsharp Updated 19 Aug 2008 , 12:49am by Shelly4481

bsharp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bsharp Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 6:23pm
post #1 of 12

Does anyone have this recipe? It is marshmello fondant made with white chocolate. Thank you for sharing.

11 replies
Cakerer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakerer Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 6:37pm
post #2 of 12

I don't think this is the recipe you are looking for but I sometimes put white chocolate pudding (powder only) into my melted MM before adding sugar. It mellows the flavor....but I usually only add it when I'm making something I don't think tastes good with the MMF...like anything lemon or strawberry...I just don't care for MMF with those flavors. Definitely going to watch this one....

dinas27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dinas27 Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 6:47pm
post #3 of 12

JenniferMI has a recipe for a chocolate based fondant. She has recently released videos with the recipe and tips for using them for very reasonable prices.

www.jenniferdontz.com

hallfamily727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hallfamily727 Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 6:59pm
post #4 of 12

I don't know how to make it with white chocolate, but I LOVE your tip Cakerer for adding pudding powder! I never thought of doing that. How much do you add?

bsharp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bsharp Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 7:05pm
post #5 of 12

you all are great thank you for your help...

Betty

Cakerer Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 7:27pm
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallfamily727

I don't know how to make it with white chocolate, but I LOVE your tip Cakerer for adding pudding powder! I never thought of doing that. How much do you add?

Actually, I'm one of those people who just do everything from 'appearance'...lol. My family hates it! Anyway, I usually add the entire package of pudding powder (not the family size) after my mms have melted when I begin to stir them. It's not a full bag of MM's but it is the large mixing bowl from pampered chef - 2 qts - full (not melted).

Sorry to be so non-specific but I tend to do things like that by look and feel.

Cakerer Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 7:29pm
post #7 of 12

Forgot to add - I tried to add it to the MM before they were melted and it ended up being 'grainy' so always make sure there's enough hot liquid/melted MMs to 'melt' the pudding.

hallfamily727 Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 7:38pm
post #8 of 12

Thanks Cakerer! I know what you mean about the measurements thing...I'm the same way! I'll just have to eyeball it and keep an eye on the stickiness factor. Thanks for the tip!!

Cakerer Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 4:12pm
post #9 of 12

While we are on this subject, has anyone ever tried melting some white chocolate chips in with the marshmallows? I'm wondering how that would come out. I may try it with my next batch of MMF and will share the results.

Shelly4481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelly4481 Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 10:00pm
post #10 of 12

Betty, I add 2 1/2 cups of white chocolate, melt then add 1/2 cup of corn syrup. Stir it good, then kind of blend the mmf and choc together. It is hard to mix but I let it sit a day then knead it better the next day and it comes out smooth.

hallfamily727 Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 12:32am
post #11 of 12

How did it taste?

Shelly4481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelly4481 Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 12:49am
post #12 of 12

Yummy, I can eat it like candy. In my opinion...it's not like marshmallows but a hint of the white chocolate flavor. I can't explain but just very good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%