Any Ideas On Making These Flowers?

Decorating By Solecito Updated 18 Aug 2008 , 4:43pm by Solecito

Solecito Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 4:41pm
post #1 of 5

I saw this cake and love the flowers, and I would like to make some for practice in case I can offer them in a cake.
BTW the cake is from The PInk Cake Box
LL

4 replies
Solecito Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 9:00pm
post #2 of 5

Don't tell me I'm on my own icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

jo_ann Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 1:08am
post #3 of 5

I am probably not going to be of any help but I went to GSA to see if I could identify the cutters. The leaf looks like it could be a magnolia cutter. The petals possibly the magnolia but I was also leaning toward the hibiscus cutter. I think you might want to print a picture of the cake and try to match the petals and leaves up to the cutters on GSA or another site. I would cut them out individually and insert the wires frill and vein. Then once they dried I would tape them together to make the flower and add the small center ball and flatten. I would also use a white floral wire instead of the green like they did. I can see the wire through the petals.

Told you I wouldn't be any help. icon_biggrin.gif

bitofsnshn Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 1:54am
post #4 of 5

every line of cutter has similiar and different shapes, but looks like an alstromeria for the petals and a tiger lilly petal for the leaves. doesnt look to me like a real flower, but more like a made up flower with different cutters.

Solecito Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 4:43pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks ladies!!!
I'll see if I can make them and then I'll post my pics.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%