What New Toys Should I Get?

Decorating By jmlawren Updated 15 Aug 2008 , 4:55pm by tiggy2

jmlawren Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 2:16pm
post #1 of 7

I'm a beginning decorator (I've taken all the wilton classes) and was looking at some new cake toys, but I'm unsure of what to get. I only cake around in my own home, so these aren't for any project in particular, just to have and play around with in my spare time.

Any advice you can give me on the following is appreciated:

What size? Is it worth it?

First Impressions Perfect pearls: Does this mold work? What size should I get? 3-4-5, 6-8-10?

Which ones do you use the most often?

Any other suggestions? (I have pretty much everything you can get at Michaels and AC Moore with a coupon...)

Any help you could give me is appreciated! icon_smile.gif

6 replies
leah_s Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 4:43pm
post #2 of 7

Never used Cel-Pin, I buy all my pearls premade and although I have crimpers, I've never used them. My advice is to buy great pans (Magic Line), get a set of SPS to see how it works and save up for an Agbay.

leah_s Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 4:52pm
post #3 of 7

Add an airbrush to your list. icon_smile.gif

CakeWhizz Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 4:53pm
post #4 of 7

I agree completely with Leah. A decent set of baking pans can make all the difference to your cakes and the SPS will do wonders to the stability of your stacked cakes. I will also suggest you invest in DVDs by Sugarshack. They are simply excellent!

sugarplumfairycanada Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 4:54pm
post #5 of 7

I would too recommend the Agbay cutter. What a difference it has made to my life. It saves soooo much time, works perfectly every time and I wonder why I didn't order one sooner!

jmlawren Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 4:55pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks Leah, I have an airbrush and a spray box (that my husband rigged). Where do you buy your pearls (size?) and what's SPS?

tiggy2 Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 4:55pm
post #7 of 7

My wish list includes a pasta roller for my kitchenaid mixer and an agbay leveler.

Quote by @%username% on %date%