I Need Teramisu - Tiramisu Wedding Cake Recipe Please

Baking By lenkacodling Updated 21 Aug 2008 , 3:04pm by datalore

lenkacodling Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lenkacodling Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 1:42pm
post #1 of 8

Hi everyone,
please does anyone know some good simple recipe for a Terimasu - Tiramisu cake which can be used as a wedding cake?
I am from England and some engredience which you Americans are using are new to me if youc help it would make my weekend. icon_biggrin.gif
Thank you

7 replies
ASimpleBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ASimpleBaker Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 1:53pm
post #2 of 8

I am in California, but have been looking for a Tirimasou cake that I could tier. Also looking for a tres leches tierable cake recipe.

Any ideas?

(sorry hope I am not hijacking, but this too has been on my mind) icon_biggrin.gif

ncbert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncbert Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 5:02pm
post #3 of 8

I have never made this but it is on my list of cakes to make......I'm not sure about it capabilites for tiers......but maybe it can give you somewhere to start,ideas or modify

It has great reviews!

HTH
Nancy

ncbert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncbert Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 5:03pm
post #4 of 8

I have never made this but it is on my list of cakes to make......I'm not sure about it capabilites for tiers......but maybe it can give you somewhere to start,ideas or modify

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Tiramisu-Layer-Cake/Detail.aspx

It has great reviews!

HTH
Nancy

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 5:27pm
post #5 of 8

By definition if it is real tiramisu it cannot be stacked, its very soft and mushy and it has to be kept cool.

Its not something you could leave out on display for a while as it would start to seep all over the place.

I'm italian, grew up in Italy and tiramisu is my favorite thing in the world so I have some experience with it icon_wink.gif.

The only way you could do it stacked is if the cake is if each layer of cake is contained in its own vessel - like a baking pan, something with sides, and the layer above is floating, meaning that theres a couple of inches between each layer and they do not touch each other.

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 5:36pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbert

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Tiramisu-Layer-Cake/Detail.aspx

It has great reviews!

HTH
Nancy

Wow, that cake sounds amazing, canât wait to try it.
Thanks so much for posting the recipe.
Do guys know what the shelf live of this cake is?

Petit-four Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Petit-four Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 2:22pm
post #7 of 8

Auryn makes a very good point that a real tiramisu is soft and very persihable.

However -- I posted a modified version of it (under my recipes). Perhaps if you baked a white or almond cake, used the coffee-rum syrup, and thinner amounts of the filling? A little coffee-rum syrup could also be used to flavor butter-cream. It would give you the taste of tiramisu, but not quite the soft texture. icon_smile.gif

datalore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
datalore Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 3:04pm
post #8 of 8

Petit-four is right- I make my tiramisu wedding cake using an almond sponge base cake that has been soaked lightly in an espresso simple syrup. The filling is a mocha mousse that has been made with mascapone cheese (the real secret of tiramisu in my opinion). Alternatively you could make it with a mocha sponge base for a more chocolatey taste.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%