Flip Flop Cake

Decorating By beamom Updated 16 Aug 2008 , 10:44pm by beamom

beamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beamom Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 12:51pm
post #1 of 12

I have to do a pair of flip flop shoes for a little girl today. I have seen pictures on the site and i hope someone can provide me with directions on how to do them for a little girl today.

11 replies
rudoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rudoo Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 5:21pm
post #2 of 12

I'm not a pro decorator but, here's what I did.... I took one of my husbands flip flops, size 10, and made a template from it. Baked 2 13x9 cakes-wanted 1 choc., 1 van.,-put template on cake and cut around it. Don't forget to flip it for left , right. I frosted in buttercream and used Twizzlers for the thong strap. I made the hibiscus flower from fondant, but you could do buttercream or even a silk flower. Arranged them on cake board then put crushed graham crackers around for th sand. Good luck! It really is pretty easy. icon_biggrin.gif

rudoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rudoo Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 5:22pm
post #3 of 12

I tried adding a pic attachment, but it didn't work icon_confused.gif so, look in my photos to see the one I made. icon_wink.gif

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 5:38pm
post #4 of 12

What a cute idea rudoo. with summer ending it would be easy to go to one of the discount stores and buy the biggest pair of flipflops you can find and use them as a template for an even bigger cake.

Jibbies

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 5:42pm
post #5 of 12

I made a flip flop cake last year - no pictures thought - I used the oval cake pans for the foot part and made fondant strips for the thong part of the flip flop.

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 5:44pm
post #6 of 12

Rudoo--love the cake..opps I mean flip flops! LOL

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 5:52pm
post #7 of 12

I just made one for my daughter and used my hubby's size 13 shoe as a template. (we had alot of cake!)

I haven't posted the pic yet, but hope to soon.

It really wasn't very hard to do. Good Luck!

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 6:04pm
post #8 of 12

you could make a pattern on the flipflop-try looking in the cookie gallery for ideas, stars, flowers (you could use the flower cookie cutter to make impressions) even pink and teal and white polkadots would be fun-you could make fondant flowers to become the straps...hth make sure you post the pics and good luck icon_smile.gif

beamom Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 2:04am
post #9 of 12

Thanks to you all. I attached a picture of the end result. Thanks.
LL

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 5:17pm
post #10 of 12

currine, you did a great job!

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 5:33pm
post #11 of 12

thumbs_up.gif

Jibbies

beamom Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 10:44pm