Best Place To Buy Cake Dummies

Español By bcake1960 Updated 15 Aug 2008 , 1:18pm by tcakes65

bcake1960  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bcake1960 Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 12:42pm
post #1 of 6

Ok, County Fair comming up.. I need cake dummies... Anyone have a great place/ web site to buy them from that won't cost me an arm and a leg? I though while i was at it I would look for a place for the craft boards as well for my cake bases? Thanks

5 replies
 Cruz  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cruz Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 12:53pm
post #2 of 6

Dallas Foam has the cheapest I have seen:

http://www.dallas-foam.com/store/cakedummies.html

jibbies  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 12:59pm
post #3 of 6
 vagostino  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vagostino Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 1:12pm
post #4 of 6

I second Dallas foam!

Swede-cakes  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Swede-cakes Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 1:12pm
post #5 of 6

I just rcvd my order from www.dallas-foam.com. I bought the dummies from them off Ebay however. Great price, prompt trackable shipping method.

I ordered a full set of square and when it arrived last Thur, the box was fine but there was a small dent on the edge of one of the layers. I emailed Dalfoam and got a phone call the next morning by a very friendly and accommodating man who promised me he'd send out a whole new set to make up for whatever happened to my one layer! The new set arrived yest, perfect condition no charge.

tcakes65  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcakes65 Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 1:18pm
post #6 of 6

I've used taylorfoam.com and dallas-foam.com. Both are good. If I remember correctly, I had to order full sets from taylorfoam.com, and could order individual dummies from dallas-foam.com. However, DF seemed to take forever to ship my dummies...no special order. It was three weeks before I received them. TF shipped quickly, and I had them in less than a week.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%