Wedding Cake Cookie Cutters

Baking By herebia Updated 21 Aug 2008 , 3:28am by bakinccc

herebia Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 5:20am
post #1 of 14

I was wondering if anyone had some links to site that sells wedding cake cookie cutters. I am looking for the tall ones that have no heart on the top. thanks very much for your help icon_biggrin.gif

13 replies
disp4so Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 5:33am
post #2 of 14 has some nice ones with square edges and one with round.. 7 different styles. has one

those are just a few

disneynutbsv Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 11:36am
post #3 of 14

They are very fast shipping, great communication! Highly recommendedicon_smile.gif

jackiee70 Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 12:52pm
post #4 of 14

Hello, i bought the Karencookie one and found it to large and big, with 4 tiers!!, for my taste is very big...

jackiee70 Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 1:03pm
post #5 of 14

Yes, i found that coopergift has different sizes and form... and includes examples of decoration in each one...

Here is the link

cookieswithdots Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 3:57pm
post #7 of 14

I have a few different ones, but recently I used the one with the heart and I cut the heart off after I cut it out of the dough. Worked great.

spunkybear Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 4:29pm
post #8 of 14

One of the little treasures I picked up at ICES was from Country Kitchen SweetArt. It not only has the cutter for the cake but comes with three really cool impression mats! They even have a topsy turvy cake...too cute~! I can't remember what I paid but it was less than 8 bucks for the kit. They actually have several really cute ones...I got the heart, onesie, both cakes and one other one I can't remember. You can get all of the for around $35!! Their web is

nickshalfpint Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 4:37pm
post #9 of 14

Spunkybear, I tried going on the link, but it wouldn't let me. is this the one you were talking about? That's a good deal!

spunkybear Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 4:53pm
post #10 of 14

nickshalfpint, Yes that is the one. Sorry about the link, I just copies it from the packaging on the cutter and assumed.....
Aren't they awesome? Nice quality cutters too!
I have made them a couple of times already and they decorate so cool. I did some NFSC with rolled fondant and used the mats too. I then did a little bit of detail with Antonia's. Very nice I might say if I were to toot my own horn!

jackiee70 Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 5:34pm
post #11 of 14

Thank you for the link nickshalfpint is PERFECT.

7yyrt Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 3:12pm
post #12 of 14

Thanks for the link - coppergifts is fascinating! I must be strange, because I don't usually see the cutters as the same thing they do...

Does anyone know how to care for those copper cutters? I'm afraid they will turn all green.

Honeydukes Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 2:52am
post #13 of 14
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

... Does anyone know how to care for those copper cutters? I'm afraid they will turn all green.

Coppergifts sells a copper cleaner. You can use a mixture of lemon juice and salt, just rub it in. Ketchup works, too. Coat your cutters and let them sit for a few minutes and then scrub with a "soft" scrubbing sponge. I pull out the copper cleaner when they get really tarnished. Don't let your cutters soak in water or they'll turn colors. The tarnish doesn't hurt them, btw.

bakinccc Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 3:28am
post #14 of 14

I wanted a tall, narrow three-tier cake cutter and couldn't find the right size of course...happens a lot. I now buy the large round or heart cutters at Hobby Lobby for $.69 each, cut them apart and use a needle nose pliers to bend them in the exact shape I need using a drawing as a guide. Glue them together with non-toxic, food-safe JBWeld glue from a home improvement store and you've got yourself a perfect size cutter for less than a buck!

(Credit goes to KHalstead for the type of glue to use.)

Quote by @%username% on %date%