Castle Cake With Moving Parts?

Decorating By Suewillo Updated 15 Oct 2008 , 9:56pm by Suewillo

Suewillo Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 3:09am
post #1 of 7

I am making a castle cake for my granddaughter's b-day and I would like to have the one of my layers spin around with 2 other cakes on top of it? Has anyone done this before that could help me with this? I live in Toronto and also need to know where to buy the parts I need to make this work?
Thanks for the help.
Sue

6 replies
LittleLinda Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 5:10pm
post #2 of 7

Sorry nobody has been able to help you yet (including me.) I think it sounds awesome. I've never seen one before. I'd love to know how it's done too!

Suewillo Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 10:35pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks I did a fire truck for my grandson with flashing lights and siren and asked for help here and no one had done it before so I figured it out on my own I guess I am on my own with this one and then I can let everyone know how to do it.

LeanneW Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 10:50pm
post #4 of 7

so you want the bottom tier to spin and the top two tiers to stay still?

I'm not sure how you would do this, but if you want the whole cake to spin that would be a lot easier.

I can't wait to hear how you do this cake

Suewillo Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 3:01pm
post #5 of 7

I would like the top 2 tiers to spin. But I don't know where to go here in Canada to buy the parts I need to have this work, then I need to know how to attach everything so it will work. Maybe this won't really happen if I can't find working parts? Does anyone live in the Toronto area that can help me find the parts I need? Duff does this all the time but you don't always get to see how he does everything to make it work. I wish he would show more detail on one cake rather then showing several cake with bits and pieces.
Thanks

LeanneW Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 5:56pm
post #6 of 7

so.........

how did the cake turn out?

Suewillo Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 9:56pm
post #7 of 7

It turned out much better than I thought it was going too. And my grandson loved it. Everything worked the lights and siren. I would do it again but I would use a different red with no taste to it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%