0 Transfat Crisco

Decorating By Charmed Updated 15 Aug 2008 , 2:52pm by Charmed

Charmed Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 2:53am
post #1 of 11

I am having problems with the new 0 transfat crisco shortening. Is there a recipe for the 0 Transfat crisco buttercream?

10 replies
lorijom Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 2:55am
post #2 of 11

Hasn't the Crisco been 0 transfat for a while now? I've been playing around with my bc for the past year or so because of the change...if you're telling me that it's now worse I'm going to scream!!

Kim_in_CajunCountry Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 3:08am
post #3 of 11

If you use the traditional Wilton recipe, they have modified the ingredients to account for the 0 trans fat Crisco. If you use another recipe, you may be able to borrow from theirs to adjust yours.

Basically, they add in a little margarine and milk, which add the fatty proteins that are missing. I have used it and was pleased with the results.

lorijom Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 3:23am
post #4 of 11

I'm guessing that I misunderstood your op thinking that there was another change. Phewwww I'm glad that was a misunderstanding. I agree with Kim about the milk...I don't use the Wilton recipe but I do use only milk or cream no water, I also add some Dream whip which has transfat in it and it seems to help.

mw902 Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 3:30am
post #5 of 11

I have been having a hard time finding a buttercream I like and i just tried the newer wilton recipie and it is yummy and easy to work with also.

shadowgypsie Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 3:33am
post #6 of 11

Can I ask what kind of problems you are having with your Icing? I have been using crisco for many years and haven't noticed anything different with my icing.

newnancy Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 3:37am
post #7 of 11

Kim, Thanks for the link.....I'll also try this.

BCJean Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 3:47am
post #8 of 11

The recipe of Indydebi's with Dream Whip in it works really well. The Dream Whip has emulsifiers added to it which take the place of the trans fat Crisco used to have.

icer101 Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 3:55am
post #9 of 11

i still use the crisco.... along with butter.... it is wiltons recipe on their site... i use heavy whipping cream instead of water or milk... it is delicious.... no problem crusting, etc.. use viva to smooth if i have to... i see others recipe on here... they call it by another name... but it is just like wiltons and so so yummy.

SeriousCakes Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 4:18am
post #10 of 11

I use it in my recipes too without problems icon_biggrin.gif

Charmed Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 2:52pm
post #11 of 11

Thanks you all for your help and the links you posted. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%