Jennifer Dontz's Chocolate Fondant Is #1 In My Book.

Decorating By superstar Updated 19 Aug 2008 , 8:40pm by superstar

superstar Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 2:36am
post #1 of 13

I made Jen's chocolate fondant for the first time since receiving her wonderful DVD. It is the latest one in my photo's & that fondant is so delicious, I can honestly say to everyone, buy that DVD it is so worth it.
I used Fondx to make it as that is what I have & it turned out really well, I am so happy, the only problem is that it tastes so good, I kept eating it & if I carry on doing that I will get so fat. Thanks again Jen. thumbs_up.gif

12 replies
raquel1 Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 4:22am
post #2 of 13

I guess I must check out the DVD...I need to get a good chocolate fondant in my arsenal. I do the white chocolate and love it (variation on Michele Foster's). What points are covered in the DVD? to see if I would benefit from it...

elainec Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 5:08pm
post #3 of 13

Where can I find the DVD to purchase? THanks!

galliesway Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 11:27pm
post #4 of 13

Love her video actually both! icon_smile.gif

superstar Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 12:50am
post #5 of 13

The DVD is well worth the money, Jen is a very good teacher & the tips she gives on her DVD are so good. I am really happy with it.

lorrieg Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 1:53am
post #6 of 13

I love Jen. I want to be her when I grow up. icon_smile.gif Oh, I forgot, I'm never going to grow up. So I guess I'll just have to worship her from afar..... thumbs_up.gif

superstar Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 2:32am
post #7 of 13

I love Jen too lorrieg, she is such a sweet, caring lady. Your work is good, so maybe you wont have to 'grow up' to be like Jen LOL.

elainec Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 2:20pm
post #8 of 13

Thanks for the valuable tip! I am sooo excited. She also gives classes and we never have anything here in Alabama. I will start working on one today!

lorrieg Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 2:22pm
post #9 of 13

June, your flowers are wonderful! I wish that was all I had to do but sadly that is not to be.

I'm thinking of putting a little shrine to Jen and Sharon (her dvd's are excellent as well) in a corner of my house. What the heck, maybe I should just buy the bungalow next door and convert it to my cake studio and have a BIG shrine for all the sugar artists I admire. icon_lol.gif

Shelly4481 Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 3:31pm
post #10 of 13

I agree her video is good, I made MMF with the white chocolate and love it. It was a little hard to mix together but after letting it sit for a day then kneaded some more it turned out sooo smooth. I can just eat it like candy!!!! Fondant is NOT popular around here but I did a wedding cake last week with this fondant and got alot of good comments. Already have a order for a wedding in October to use this.

superstar Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 9:20pm
post #11 of 13

Thank you lorrieg, I feel truly blessed, since retiring & coming to live in Hawaii, I can spend so much more time on sugar work.

elainec Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 4:26pm
post #12 of 13

Living in Hawaii and having time to spend on your sugarart, you are blessed! You are also blessed with incredible talent!

superstar Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 8:40pm
post #13 of 13

Thank you so much Elaine, I do love having the time now to do more sugar work, it is my passion. It is wonderful living here & on Kauai we have the best weather on the planet, what more could one ask for?

Quote by @%username% on %date%