Delivering Cookie Favors

Baking By daisy114 Updated 3 Oct 2008 , 11:35pm by mom2spunkynbug

daisy114 Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 12:57am
post #1 of 20

How do you all deliver your cookie favors? Basket? Box?

I want to make a nice presentation but on the other hand, baskets are not cheap! Not sure what to deliver them to the restuarant in.

19 replies
wyckedwytch Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 1:42am
post #2 of 20

That depends on the amount of cookies and their purpose. If it's for a party/buffet and I have to make 100+ I purchase platters that have covers from my local paper goods place. If it's a small amount and they are individually bagged and tagged I either pack them in a cake box or a metal buffet tin --I stand the cookies up so I can get in a larger amount.

Now if it's a bouquet I just deliver it wraped up in cellophane.

Check out your paper goods shop there's always good ideas there

antonia74 Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 2:15am
post #3 of 20

If you mean for transportation and not for display, I do my bulk orders in Banker's boxes with about 1/4 shredded paper filling. I bought a simple paper shredder and I use old fashion magazines to make my own filling, saves a bundle each year and reuses paper I have on hand anyway.

I individually package each cookie favour in cellophane, tied with a satin ribbon and then do 3 lines of 12-14 upright cookies in each box. They are really well protected this way and easy for the client to stack/carry because the handles are built right in. Each box is about $2 from a business-supply store and I get mine in 6-packs for $13 from Staples. thumbs_up.gif
LL

bakinccc Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 8:35pm
post #4 of 20

Many different ways...

If its a small amount...up to 3 dozen or so...I use the different sized aluminum trays with covers layering the cookies between sheets of wax paper. Then around the "short" side of the tray I tie coordinating curling ribbon in the colors of the cookies fanning out the ribbon on the edges so all the colors can be seen. Then I punch a small hole in a business card and attach it to one of the curled ribbons on the top. People just love the look because you can see many of the cookies. Any amount larger than that (not individually bagged) I layer in a full size aluminum tray (from Sam's) and tightly cover with aluminum foil.

For a dozen individually wrapped cookies I've been using those light brown/cream colored craft bags from Michaels with some tissue in the bottom, put two rows of 5 side by side in the bottom on the bag, a sheet of crumpled tissue on top in-between the tops of the cookie bags and put the two last cookies there. Then I use coordinating curly ribbon to tie the handles of the bag together and do the business card thing like described above.

For more than a dozen individually wrapped cookies I use the aluminum trays, without the covers, and put crumpled tissue paper in the bottom stacking the cookies up like books. People love this because they can show off their purchase right away by easily lifting them out. You get lots of oohs and ahhs if other people are around if you deliver them this way. Keep the business cards handy when you do this. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I've tried twice now to attach pics but it won't let me so I'll try sending you some by e-mail. Good luck and I hope that helps!

bakinccc Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 8:39pm
post #5 of 20

Whoops!.....you don't have an option to e-mail you so I guess I can't send pics!

antonia74 Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 1:24am
post #6 of 20

Forgot to mention, if the order I'm doing doesn't need individual wrapping....then I use white 18" pizza boxes! icon_cool.gif You can buy them cheaply at warehouse places or bakery/restaurant supply stores. I prefer blank ones and I attach my business card on top. I think the packs of 100 L or XL boxes are about $30? Really inexpensive!

I use wax paper sheets on the bottom of the boxes and lay the cookies flat, not usually overlapping. If need be, I do a double-layer with wax sheets in between...though I prefer just to use another box usually. thumbs_up.gif

daisy114 Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 2:56am
post #7 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakinccc

Whoops!.....you don't have an option to e-mail you so I guess I can't send pics!

I just turned my email option on! Please send me the pics you were speaking of if you have a chance.

Thanks everyone for your ideas. They're definitely going to be for presentation and there's about 50 cookies. I love the look of them in baskets but can't find cheap baskets anywhere (thought the $ store might have them but they don't).

Also, a couple of you mentioned about business cards. Do you all put a lablel or cards on your cookies?? I thought about it but wasn't sure if the customer would be happy with that or not.

bakinccc Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 3:26pm
post #8 of 20

Wow!! I've been having a time with this computer today! icon_mad.gif I tried sending you an e-mail only to find out that cc e-mails don't let you add attachments so I'm trying to add my picture here again. Then I got this whole post written and my battery ran out on the computer and I lost it all. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif So here's another try. If it works the picture will show how I package up a lot of my cookies...usually amounts of 4 dozen or less. It's fun, cute, cheap and people can see the cookies right away which makes anyone within viewing distance gather around asking all sorts of questions. Keep the business cards handy when that happens!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Anyway - good luck with whatever you decide. Ultimitely it's your cookies that they're interested in. Just make sure you charge enough to cover the cost of whatever packaging you use.
LL

ahuvas Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 12:40am
post #9 of 20

Thats gorgeous! Such q nice twist on a traditional cookie bouquet! How do you get them to sit in place so they dont roll around?

delicious_designs7 Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 1:51am
post #10 of 20

I package mine in cake boxes, cookie bouquets with cellophane, cellophane bags with ties (in a cake box with a ribbon tied around the box), or in individual little gift boxes. Sometimes I do gift bags that go with the theme and put tissue paper in it. See pics below--the princess set cookies went in the casle box. icon_smile.gif
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL

bakinccc Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 4:08am
post #11 of 20

ahuvas - If someone doesn't take care of them they'll move around a bit. But I tell them to handle them like cupcakes and to never leave them in a hot car. Most of my customers pick-up.

yankeegal Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 1:44pm
post #12 of 20

Jen-I love your presentation..I may have to borrow it for upcoming Halloween and Christmas cookie collections!
I have been exploring different options as my cookie tins are sooo expensive and boxes are going up as well...Thanks everyone for all of the great ideas!

Solecito Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 10:38pm
post #13 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakinccc

Many different ways...

If its a small amount...up to 3 dozen or so...I use the different sized aluminum trays with covers layering the cookies between sheets of wax paper. Then around the "short" side of the tray I tie coordinating curling ribbon in the colors of the cookies fanning out the ribbon on the edges so all the colors can be seen. Then I punch a small hole in a business card and attach it to one of the curled ribbons on the top. People just love the look because you can see many of the cookies. Any amount larger than that (not individually bagged) I layer in a full size aluminum tray (from Sam's) and tightly cover with aluminum foil.

For a dozen individually wrapped cookies I've been using those light brown/cream colored craft bags from Michaels with some tissue in the bottom, put two rows of 5 side by side in the bottom on the bag, a sheet of crumpled tissue on top in-between the tops of the cookie bags and put the two last cookies there. Then I use coordinating curly ribbon to tie the handles of the bag together and do the business card thing like described above.

For more than a dozen individually wrapped cookies I use the aluminum trays, without the covers, and put crumpled tissue paper in the bottom stacking the cookies up like books. People love this because they can show off their purchase right away by easily lifting them out. You get lots of oohs and ahhs if other people are around if you deliver them this way. Keep the business cards handy when you do this. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I've tried twice now to attach pics but it won't let me so I'll try sending you some by e-mail. Good luck and I hope that helps!

Those are such great ideas!!! If you don't mind, can I ask to see more of your presentation pictures?. I'm looking for something new. If it's easier to send them vie e-mail than posting them, here's mine:

[email protected]

TIA

bakinccc Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 3:03am
post #14 of 20

solecito - I wish I had some to send you! I usually just take pics of the unpackaged cookies. On my future orders I'll have to start taking them of the packaging too.

Solecito Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 5:02am
post #15 of 20

Thank you!!

sjmoral Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 2:24pm
post #16 of 20

I love all of your ideas! I've made 2 cookie bouquets so far and they just fall, any tips on what to do to prevent this? I put foam in the container and then stick the cookies in it.
Thanks.
Sheila

indydebi Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 2:48pm
post #17 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmoral

I love all of your ideas! I've made 2 cookie bouquets so far and they just fall, any tips on what to do to prevent this? I put foam in the container and then stick the cookies in it.
Thanks.
Sheila

Do you mean the cookies slide down the stick? The cookies-on-the-stick fall over as in the styrofoam isn't secure enough to hold the sticks in place? Or the whole container topples over?

sjmoral Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 3:03pm
post #18 of 20

The whole container tips over... I'm new at this so I don't know what to do... maybe get a bigger container? Add weight with a covered rock under??
Thanks!!

indydebi Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 3:08pm
post #19 of 20

I try to make sure I use wide-base containers. This gives you a bit more stability than a container that has a narrow base and a wider top. When I deliver bouquets, I actually put the seat belt around the container!

mom2spunkynbug Posted 3 Oct 2008 , 11:35pm
post #20 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

I try to make sure I use wide-base containers. This gives you a bit more stability than a container that has a narrow base and a wider top. When I deliver bouquets, I actually put the seat belt around the container!

LOL! Glad to hear I'm not the only one who does this - if I have a small cake or bunch of cupcakes in a plastic cake carrier I usually fit it in my son's carset and strap the seatbelt around it! icon_biggrin.gif

Bakinccc- love your presentation! I'd also like to see more pics! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%