What Is A Tart Pan

Decorating By superstar Updated 16 Aug 2008 , 12:47am by superstar

superstar Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 11:28pm
post #1 of 3

I was looking at Collette's wedding cake book & she says use a 'tart pan' when making a part of one of the decorations, I have never heard of a tart pan. Could someone explain what it looks like & where would I find one. It is probably something so simple & maybe I know it by another name. Please help.

thanks so much.

2 replies
JoAnnB Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 11:31pm
post #2 of 3

Typically, it is a round pan with shallow sides, sometimes with a removable bottom. some have fluted (ruffled) sides.

I don't know what you are making, but a pie pan might also work.

superstar Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 12:47am
post #3 of 3

Thanks for replying JoAnnB, In Collete's book she makes a vase, part of the vase is made using & I quote "made in a tart pan 3 1/2 " wide X 3/4" high". It is not very big I would so love to see a picture of a tart pan.

Quote by @%username% on %date%