Ideas For Leftovers???....

Decorating By lbain Updated 18 Aug 2008 , 9:49pm by jjkarm

lbain Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lbain Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 10:57pm
post #1 of 14

I just finished a red velvet cake and i made WAY too much frosting. Is there anything that i can make besides cake to go with cream cheese frosting??

13 replies
TheRaven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheRaven Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 12:25am
post #2 of 14

I watched a foodnetwork show the other night that had a guy that was making banana bread cakes and covering them in cream cheese icing. I know you said no cake.... but it was basically just a banana bread in a double layer design.

Let us know how it is if you try it! icon_cool.gif

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 12:46am
post #3 of 14

get a spoon and eat it!! j/k!!

Get chocolate graham crackers and spread between to make a sandwich and freeze them - better than an ice cream sandwich!

Make Cinnamon Rolls

Freeze it and use it later.

lbain Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lbain Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 6:22am
post #4 of 14

thanks yall!!

Wow...these all sound sooo yummy..

I already had like 2 spoonfuls...i felt a little sick haha oh well

icon_smile.gif

seasonsmoke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seasonsmoke Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 7:04pm
post #5 of 14

I really like the graham cracker idea. Just this week I gave a friend one of my cake tops with the leftover frosting. It is good to have someone eat the cake tops for you.

sadiepix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadiepix Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 11:00pm
post #6 of 14

Those graham cracker sandwiches are my favorite treat ever!
My mom was a cake decorator back in the early 80's and we got those made up from all the leftover icing! YUM!
I like them just as well now! (And they have chocolate and cinnamon crackers too!)
icon_smile.gif

knel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knel Posted 17 Aug 2008 , 11:06pm
post #7 of 14

slop it between two soft batch chocolate chip cookies....... YUMMY!!!! I think the Great American Cookie Company does this and calls them "Dinky Doozies"...

cakesbyclaire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyclaire Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 1:27am
post #8 of 14

stuff strawberries with it... YUM!! Or frost spice cake with it.

sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 12:47pm
post #9 of 14

Spread it on saltine crackers, or pretzels. Salty-n-Sweet yummm! I don't know if it would work, but you could spread some on the big pretzel rods then dip in chocolate.

jjkarm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjkarm Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 5:56pm
post #10 of 14

This may sound a little crazy icon_confused.gif but...... My mom used to make these cookies with her leftover frosting (or as kids sometimes we'd make frosting just so we could eat them):

Break one full graham cracker in half or onto quarters. Spread each side with leftover frosting. (Chocolate frosting was our favorite.) Then press both sides of the frosted graham cracker into a plate of crushed corn flakes. Put them on a plate, cover with plastic wrap and let them set for a couple hours before eating. (Letting it rest for a while makes the graham crackers and cornflakes soften up a bit.) They really are very good!! You can also add chopped coconut, nuts, sprinkles, mini chips or whatever you wanted to the crushed cornflakes and it makes them extra special. icon_biggrin.gif

Once in a while I'd take these cookies to school in my lunch and I'd always get asked what they were. So I'd break off a piece and let my friends taste it, and they always liked them. When I told them what the cookies were made of, they'd have a look of disbelief on their faces! They, however, usually wanted me to bring more the next day!
icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 6:14pm
post #11 of 14

a carrot cake or cupcakes... yummy, also chocolate cake (devils food) is good with CC frosting.

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 6:44pm
post #12 of 14

sorry you said no cake.... how about dipping pretzels in it? I have heard of this many times before. I know a lady who dipped the pretzel in the cc frosting and then covered it in chocolate!

murf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
murf Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 6:59pm
post #13 of 14

Hi all,
I was reading the posts to this thread when people were mentioning graham crackers. I have NO idea what these are as we don't have them so I looked them up on the internet. Wilkipedia states that they were originally invented as part of a diet to repress your carnal desires !!!!!!!!!!! So any of you using them for your cakes - are u feeling repressed???!!!
LOL

jjkarm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjkarm Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 9:49pm
post #14 of 14

Murf...

Maybe that's the reason my mom liked to make those cookies for us icon_eek.gif !!!!! Who knew?? icon_confused.gif I guess she was sneaker then I thought....he he he icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%