Are Firestations Potential Dessert Clients?

Business By QueenBee1 Updated 15 Aug 2008 , 6:42am by LeanneW

QueenBee1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenBee1 Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 10:45pm
post #1 of 5

I am working on building both my wholesale and retail dessert business. I am considering calling some firestations in the area to determine if they would make viable retail clients. I know that most (if not all) of the firestations prepare their own meals. But, I'm wondering if they also do their own baking or if they normally bring in homebaked or storebought desserts. I thought I would ask my CC friends first. Does anyone have any information or insight into this? I anxiously await your responses!!

Thanks in advance.

4 replies
traceyjade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traceyjade Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 10:59pm
post #2 of 5

I don't know about clients but they do love the freebies icon_lol.gif My husbands a firefighter and sometimes the wives bake stuff, they are known to watch their pennies icon_wink.gif But if they were a bunch of women on the other hand you would have yourself a fortune thumbs_up.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 1:24am
post #3 of 5

Where I'm at they just want freebies, but it never hurts to tuck a business card in along the box lid. If something ever happens and an order gets canceled I know people who donate the product to the police and fire stations, they are always happy to receive them.

babybundt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babybundt Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 1:38am
post #4 of 5

anyone and everyone are potential clients. sending them a freebie with all of your info is a good idea. send them a freebie and see what happens.............

LeanneW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeanneW Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 6:42am
post #5 of 5

not sure about them buying desserts but Some fire halls in my area have kids bday parties at the station on weekends. I did a firetruck cake for a party that was there, they all loved it. It could be an idea to drop of some brochres or order forms if your fire ststion hosts bday parties too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%