It's Official.....

Decorating By SweetPea0613 Updated 21 Aug 2008 , 6:36pm by SweetPea0613

SweetPea0613 Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 8:24pm
post #1 of 8

icon_biggrin.gif I totally LOVE royal icing!!!

I'm taking wilton's course two right now and my flowers are awesome!!

I love how smooth they are and how they dry way hard..

At first I was scared to even make it because I know you have to work fast with it and keep it covered, and keep your tips moist, but it's totally my favorite now!!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Just had to share my excitement! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

7 replies
saramachen Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 9:46pm
post #2 of 8

Hey - i know what you mean... i was scared at first that it would be hard to pipe or too soft and the flowers would fall, but I really like it too! Here are some cupcakes i did up for my coworkers just cause i liked using royal icing... and needed to try out my grass tip icon_smile.gif

SweetPea0613 Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 2:35am
post #3 of 8

aww they're too cute...i still haven't decorated cupcakes.. icon_sad.gif

mrsscholler Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 5:58pm
post #4 of 8

royal is pretty awsome it allows you to do so much

Jasmine33 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 6:00pm
post #5 of 8

What is the recipe? The cupcakes look awesome!

mrsbink Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 6:11pm
post #6 of 8

I love it too! I got a little out of control with the flowers on my course 2 final! icon_smile.gif There are even more around the sides and the back! It was fun though!

P.S.- please disregard my poor broken fairy in the middle of the picture... icon_lol.gif

cakedout Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 6:27pm
post #7 of 8

I sure am glad that you guys are so excited about royal icing!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Brings back memories of how excited I was - unfortunately I didn't have cc then - just a DH that would just try to grin and nod and look vuagely interested. icon_lol.gif

sweetpea- your royal looks like it was a bit soft and shiny...make sure you mix it until it isn't shiney anymore.

mrsbinks- your flowers are great!

looks like the two of you must have been the teacher's pet! icon_wink.gif
Keep up the great work gals!! thumbs_up.gif

SweetPea0613 Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 6:36pm
post #8 of 8

wait a minute cakedout...i dont even have any pix of my royal up yet icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

And I'm almost done with course 2!! All my flowers are done and I love them.. I just have to bake my cake for next week and place my lil flowers on!!

I can't wait! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%