Marble Cake Recipe

Decorating By SANZ Updated 18 Aug 2008 , 12:40pm by Deb_

SANZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SANZ Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 6:12pm
post #1 of 4

Does any one have a good recipe for a marble cake? I've been using the WASC cake recipe and it is awesome. Not too many folks request all chocolate so I thought of doing both. I know there are the cake mixes for this but looking for a doctored one if possible. Not sure if I use the same recipe for WASC if it would turn out as good!

3 replies
jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 15 Aug 2008 , 6:52pm
post #2 of 4

I use a doctored yellow cake mix and put it in the pan first. Then I make an undoctored devil's food mix and put it on top. Take a spoon or something and swirl it around. This is how I do it and have had many compliments and repeat orders.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 Aug 2008 , 7:10pm
post #3 of 4

When you make your white or yellow cake recipe, remove about 1 cup and add about 1/4 ;to 1/2 cup UNsweetened cocoa powder (such as Hersey's) to it. Use a wire whip to mix it in; drop spoonfulls of this choco batter over your batter in the pan and use a fork or knife to stir it around a bit.

Definately you can use the WASC recipe for any flavor cakeicon_smile.gif

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 18 Aug 2008 , 12:40pm
post #4 of 4

I make a white/chocolate marble by using a white cake mix with 1 pkg. of instant vanilla or instant white chocolate pudding added to the dry cake mix, 4 eggs (instead of the recommended 3), the water and oil measurements stay the same as the instructions on the box, and 1/2 tsp. of almond extract.

For the chocolate marble I use a chocolate cake mix, with 1 pkg. of instant chocolate pudding added, and same as above, except omit the extract.

Everyone always complements the moistness of the cake and it holds up well to torting, levelling etc..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%