How Long To Dry??

Decorating By cakebaker1957 Updated 14 Aug 2008 , 12:56pm by CakesByLJ

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 11:53am
post #1 of 4

Hi to all i have a question about icing dummie cakes.
If im using the wilton receipe omitting the flavorings how long does it take to dry?? i have never done this and would like to do one for our local fair, i dont know if i have enough time to do one or not and any more info on this would help me lots, Thinking of doing a stacked cake or one that is supported by a champagne glass. And do i need to cover the cake forms first im wanting to do the basket weave or can i just start out with the basket weave and not put any icing over the entire cakes?? Will it stick to the foam??
Thanks

3 replies
CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 12:16pm
post #2 of 4

Sounds like you are thinking of using the buttercream recipe. The royal would be a better choice. Ice the entire dummy with it and let it dry. Two days should do it unless you have a lot of humidity... Sand it smooth, and decorate away. I would give the decorations, ie. basket weave, about three days to dry hard... good luck!

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 12:35pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesByLJ

Sounds like you are thinking of using the buttercream recipe. The royal would be a better choice. Ice the entire dummy with it and let it dry. Two days should do it unless you have a lot of humidity... Sand it smooth, and decorate away. I would give the decorations, ie. basket weave, about three days to dry hard... good luck!

Thank you do you have to sand the RI too?? and how long for it to dry?

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 12:56pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakebaker1957

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesByLJ

Thank you do you have to sand the RI too?? and how long for it to dry?

Yes, those are the directions for the RI... have fun with it! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%