Idea For Wonka Theme Cake?

Decorating By TinaL Updated 14 Aug 2008 , 6:43pm by TinaL

TinaL Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 8:09am
post #1 of 5

I'm planning my son's 1st birthday party (Wonka theme) and I'm not sure how I would like the cake to be decorated. any ideas would be greatly appreciated! thank u!

4 replies
SugarFrosted Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 8:35am
post #2 of 5

Welcome to CakeCentral! You are gonna LOVE it here!

Have a look in the Galleries. There are several Wonka themed cakes which might give you inspiration!
Here's a link to help:
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&meta=search&type=full&search=willy+wonka

I'd love to see your finished cake! Be sure to post pics when you are done icon_smile.gif

TheRaven Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 9:13am
post #3 of 5

If your looking for ideas I'd love to help icon_smile.gif
What size cake were you planning?
What shape?
How many people do you need to feed?
What kind of deco are you into?

If I had to do a Wonka cake I might tackle a tiered cake and make little fondant sculptures out of some of the main characters, maybe making each tier a different kind of candy deco that Wonka made.

Can't wait to see pics when your finished.
icon_lol.gif

playingwithsugar Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 9:30am
post #4 of 5

Since he's only going to be 1, I'm sure you want to do this in spectacular fashion.

If you are planning on a sheet cake, do the World of Pure Imagination.

If you want to go 3-D, I would do the Wonkavator. It would not be a difficult piece to do.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

TinaL Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 6:43pm
post #5 of 5

thanks so much for the ideas! as i love to bake and am still in the beginner stage of decorating--i'm not sure if i be able to pull this one off. plus, for the # of ppl--i'm probably going to have a bakery make this one for me.
raven, to answer ur questions:
what size cake were you planning? to feed 100 ppl
What shape? don't know
How many people do you need to feed? 100
What kind of deco are you into? doesnt matter
...i'm pretty open for suggestions. off to the photo gallery..thanks sugarfrosted!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%