Anyone Work At Publix?interview Friday!

Decorating By tenleysmommy Updated 27 Aug 2008 , 7:08pm by chutzpah

tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 2:07am
post #1 of 7

Just wanted to know if it was a good place to work,I am interviewing for the cake decorator trainee.I am hoping this will give me more experience and extra money so I can save to open my own place.Any suggestions,encouragment,or "run now" will be great.Thanks,Stephanie

6 replies
fluttercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fluttercakes Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 3:31am
post #2 of 7

Run now! Kidding, but I seriously HATED my manager with a passion...that guy was a complete and utter MORON, and the store manager along with the assistant manager knew this, and that man was still allowed to run the bakery! I know not all Publix Bakeries are the same, but I couldn't get away from mine soon enough, but that's another story. However, when the manager went on a month long vacation, it was a FABULOUS place to work!

Anyhoo...a lot of people love getting cakes from Publix, so that's a fabulous factor! It definitely taught me a lot, and gave me some more confidence, but the repetition and assembly line factor started to wear on me, so I quit about two months ago. Now I don't have to hide the fact that I owned a bakery already!

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 3:36am
post #3 of 7

I worked in Publix a few years ago and I loved it...although I didn't work in the bakery (I wanted to so badly) it was still a great atmosphere and I think that Publix treats their employees fabulously!

I'm one of those people who loves Publix cakes, doughnuts etc...everything at Publix to me seems so fresh. Although all stores, employees maybe different. I know alot of folk that works for Publix and I have not yet heard anyone complain!

tenleysmommy Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 3:54am
post #4 of 7

Thanks guys,I hope I don't have a crappy manager.The good thing is I can always quit and go back and work with FIL,if I need too.I just thought this would give me some good experience so that I will have a better know how when I open my shop.I am excited to give it a try.So wish me luck!!!Thanks,oh and I love Publix doughnuts they are my favorite.

pinkbiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkbiz Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 4:07am
post #5 of 7

its weird but i love publix cakes and cupcakes!! i miss them they don't have one here in PR

tenleysmommy Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 7:05pm
post #6 of 7

Just an update,I got the job and go to orientation this weekend!

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 7:08pm
post #7 of 7

Way to go!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%