In Need Of An Idea Quick For Two Teired Cake...flavors...etc

Decorating By HipnotiqGlamour Updated 13 Aug 2008 , 11:46pm by kakeladi

HipnotiqGlamour Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 10:59pm
post #1 of 4

Okay so were having a potluck on friday for all of the teachers and staff at the local high school I work at. I have been chosen to bring a two teired cake to show my talents off and show them what I got.

First of all I have only done ONE teired cake haha and I never do any flavors that fancy. I want to make a cake that will knock their socks off. Was thinking maybe a fruit flavored cake then a coffee/hazelnut cake I dunno. Any ideas...if so can you send me receipes.....ALSO How would I stack and secure a two tired cake... What sizes etc? I need to feed prolly 50+

Thank you before hand for all your help!!

3 replies
Bev55 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 11:12pm
post #2 of 4

The teachers at my school love my white sour cream cake with chocolate hazelnut filling. Add Nutrella to canned chocolate icing, and then I add some powdered sugar until I get the right consistency. They also love my white sour cream cake with raspberry preserves as a filling. I've made a coconut cream cake with coconut filling that they seem to love. Instead of all of the water called for in the recipe, I substitute about a cup of it with coconut milk. I'm on the social committee so I make the cakes for all of the social occasions (showers, retirement, principal's birthday, etc....) I hope this helps.

HipnotiqGlamour Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 11:20pm
post #3 of 4

Hazelnut filling sounds great. I also never thought of using coconut milk instead of water. Thank you very much

kakeladi Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 11:46pm
post #4 of 4

What a great opportunmity to show officon_smile.gif

there are soooooo many cake flavor/combinations the list would be endless.
Lemon w/lemon fill or raspberry or even chocolate is different.
Choco cake w/raspberry; or strawberry or lemon or hazelnut or cheesecake filling
Butter Pecan cake w/bavarian creme fill or spiced apple pie (canned) or thickened applesauce.

For 50 servings I suggest a 10" round and a 6", 7" or 8" round (though I'm not a fan of only 2" difference.)
Don't forget to dowel (straws are just fine). Make sure you dbl or even tripple the # of cake boards on the bottom, then cover it in grease proof paper.
Once you are completely finished sharpen a long dowel to go all the way thru both cakes & into the board to hold it all together for the deliv ery.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%