Help Me ....don't Know What To Do...

Decorating By Charmed Updated 14 Aug 2008 , 9:07pm by aswartzw

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 8:49pm
post #1 of 4

I was thinking to call or write our local bakery and cake deocrating shop and ask them if they are looking for an intern to work with their cake decorator and helping with baking and decorating....and of course for free icon_biggrin.gif Their cake decorator was my first instructor and I took 2 courses with her. Should I ask her or the owner of the bakery?

I don't know is this too forward? or will they like someone to work for free for them? what do you think? Please help.....

3 replies
tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 9:50pm
post #2 of 4

I think it can't hurt to ask and you'll never know if you don't try. Worst they can say is no, right? Good luck!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 11:01pm
post #3 of 4

It never hurts to ask BUT.....
Be prepared to be turned down. For a small business owner the insurance to hav e anyone else in the building is awfull! Not only do they want to almost dbl your business insurance, but then you have unemployment insurance & others I can't remember right now. When I had my shop I had many ask. I even had a gal come in a few times until I found out the cost involved. It's the same as hireing someone. It costs the business owner double what you pay the person. (Pay them $7 per hr - your insurances etc cost the same or more.)

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 14 Aug 2008 , 9:07pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

It never hurts to ask BUT.....
Be prepared to be turned down. For a small business owner the insurance to hav e anyone else in the building is awfull! Not only do they want to almost dbl your business insurance, but then you have unemployment insurance & others I can't remember right now. When I had my shop I had many ask. I even had a gal come in a few times until I found out the cost involved. It's the same as hireing someone. It costs the business owner double what you pay the person. (Pay them $7 per hr - your insurances etc cost the same or more.)

Very interesting. I'm amazed at what goes on behind the scenes (almost on a daily basis). Things I'd never think about have huge implications.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%