Clown Cake

Decorating By moejoe Updated 13 Aug 2008 , 3:44pm by Bettycrockermommy

moejoe Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 3:10pm
post #1 of 3

So here is the cake pics of the clown cake. I posted a few months ago what I should charge her for it. For all who responded, thank you for your help.
The lady failed to mention that it was going to be outdoors. So of course I go to setup the cake it is so windy since the rain was coming and it was such a hot humid day. So while I am seeting up the wind blows and now I have to wipe down the top of 1 cake since the wind. I was happy it was all covered in fondant. They want to put the cake in the frig and I say what ever they want to do. But once I put the decorations on the cake can't be moved since the clowns were down in royal icing. I wont be able to put the stuff on later since I wont be there. so the resturant and the lady say just put everything on. Well it starts pouring rain and thank god the resturant has glass walls up , but no ac. I was just happy the cake held up and The lady loved the cake. I made the clowns out of royal icing, beach balls are stryofoam balls covered in fondant, lettering is fondant and the sprinkles are fondant too. The cake is yellow cake with cho. pudding filling. I have to say I will never make those clowns again. They were heavy once they dried. But the cake was fun to make.

2 replies
moejoe Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 3:13pm
post #2 of 3

For some reason the pics didn't attach. let me try this again.

Bettycrockermommy Posted 13 Aug 2008 , 3:44pm
post #3 of 3

That is a really cute clown cake!! My hubby is a Shrine clown, and he would love this!

Quote by @%username% on %date%